Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic not getting text notifications from my Samsung S10 plus

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My ionic is receiving calls, emails and all other notifications but not receiving text notifications from my Samsung galaxy S10 plus.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

After uninstalling and installing the Fitbit App on my phone, checking and verifying Notifications setting on both Ionic & phone, verify connections, etc , numerous attempts and trying this and that, I finally was able to get text messages displayed on my Ionic from my Galaxy S10e.  One thing I did notice was that when I shut off BT on my phone and then turned it back on, my Ionic was not paired.  I eventually managed to get my phone to pair to the Ionic and on the Ionic, I was able to select text messages from Settings on my Ionic.  It worked !!  I have a hunch something got messed up from a previous update, either from Fitbit or Samsung.   Don't give up....Keep fiddling with it! 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

I am having the same issue on my s9+. I am getting all other notifications except my text messages which are the most important ones. It is also not finding my ionic all the time when I try to sync (looking for device)...

I have tried

• Turning Bluetooth on and off
  • Unlinking and linking the Ionic in the app
  • Unlinking and linking the Ionic in Bluetooth settings
  • Clearing the cache and data of the app
  • Uninstalling the app
  • Resetting the Ionic 
  • Along with a number of phone and Ionic restarts

Nothing has worked

Best Answer
Had my ionic for months & text notifications have never worked. Your S9+ & my S10+ are not on the compatible phone device list. Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine just stopped working in the last couple of days. I never had any issues before and it worked great until now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, it seems that something got it to work again or a combination of a couple of things. I ran some more tests and my text messages are coming through again. 🙂 Yay!

I also charged it completely as the last step...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here! So pussed

Best Answer

*pissed lol

Best Answer

I have done everything you did. I finally got the text messages to work by downloading the google message app and made it my default message app and it started working again 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the galaxy s10e and same exact issue. I have reset, restarted, tried to re sync and nothing!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue for me too.  Tried everything imaginable.  It's frustrating to say the least.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After uninstalling and installing the Fitbit App on my phone, checking and verifying Notifications setting on both Ionic & phone, verify connections, etc , numerous attempts and trying this and that, I finally was able to get text messages displayed on my Ionic from my Galaxy S10e.  One thing I did notice was that when I shut off BT on my phone and then turned it back on, my Ionic was not paired.  I eventually managed to get my phone to pair to the Ionic and on the Ionic, I was able to select text messages from Settings on my Ionic.  It worked !!  I have a hunch something got messed up from a previous update, either from Fitbit or Samsung.   Don't give up....Keep fiddling with it! 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Capon830.

Thanks for the details shared in your post and for your troubleshooting efforts. I understand how you are feeling and appreciate your feedback. I am glad to hear that you were able to resolve this issue and thank you for sharing what you did as it may help other members in the same situation.

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, make new friends and create new topics.

Keep on visiting the forums!

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes