Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic not holding charge or reading HR

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve had my ionic for the past 2 years or so and it’s always worked great. Now it has just suddenly stopped holding a charge, reading my HR, recording sleep, etc. It worked great til about a week ago. Now the green light for HR won’t stay on. I fully charge the watch and halfway thru the day it’ll be at 70% or so and then I look at my watch a while later and the screen is dead. It somehow drops to 0% without me doing anything. The screen itself (when it is charged) is extremely dim and hard to read during the daytime. I’ve tried fixing the brightness, but it didn’t do anything. There is also now a blue box around the screen with some of the backlighting coming thru. 
I’ve reset my Ionic several times and it doesn’t seem to help anything (Both regular and factory reset) Every so often the green light on the watch turns red and then just disappears. When I plug the watch in to charge it seems to reset itself and the Fitbit logo appears.

I’ve run out of things to do to try and fix it. I’m about ready to toss this thing and switch to Garmin. There’s no reason for it to just suddenly die out of nowhere. Is there something I’m missing here? Can it be saved?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

*Update* Went swimming yesterday and my Ionic died partway thru. Charged it when I got home and left it on the charger overnight since it was still at 0%. Checked it this morning and it won’t even turn on anymore. Tried holding down all the reset buttons and cleaning the charging touch points. Nothing. It seems to have kicked the bucket 😔

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Spartychic35 A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for taking the time to share what you've experienced with your Fitbit Ionic. 

I truly appreciate the troubleshooting tried prior to posting. In this case, I've taken the liberty to share your post with our Support team and someone will contact you as soon as possible. Keep in mind that due to recent events affecting our operations we may take a bit longer to get back to you. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes