Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic not monitoring heart rate correctly during workout

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Using the Ionic during a "Workout" session, the heart rate appears to start out correct, then it just drops off.  I use a Concept2 rowing machine for my workout.  I did a 6000m piece with increasing stroke rate and pace through the piece.  The Ionic appears to have started recording HR correctly (upper 160s as expected) for about the first half of the workout.  Then the HR just dropped to around 110 and hovered there for the rest of the piece.

I have noticed similar results during other workouts.  I have tried wearing the Ionic tighter and looser, and it doesn't seem to make a difference.  Sometimes it will log HR correctly for only the first few minutes, then drops to around 110 each time.  It hasn't made it through an entire workout correctly yet.

I do sweat pretty well.  But, since the Ionic can be used for swimming, this shouldn't be an issue.

What can be done to resolve this?

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Nice to see that you're digging into the Forums @LittleJon67, let me give you a warm welcome to our Community.

Thanks for reaching out the Forums with your inquiry about Fitbit Ionic. We really appreciate the time you've taken in order to trouble this. You've done a really good research about this topic, thanks for reading the help articles.

If you're not stopping your workouts during your exercise routine, your Fitbit Ionic should be getting strong heart rate readings during the entire session. As you already check the tips on how to wear your Fitbit, I'd suggest to restart your Ionic with these step:

1. Press and hold the back and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. For Fitbit Versa Lite Edition, hold the back button for 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the buttons.
  3. If you still have issues with your device, turn it off and turn it back on.

Then you can give it a try and see how it works. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I have performed both methods of restarting the Ionic.

It is still not recording an accurate heart rate through a workout. 

There is still a significant dip in heart rate in the middle of a rowing workout with increasing pace throughout.

It was pretty consistent with HR through the first 8 minutes, then it started getting erratic and dropped from the low 160s to below 100 at one point midway through workout.  It gradually worked its way back up, but was inconsistent.

In this case I wore the Ionic a bit higher on my wrist with a sweat band to keep it from moving back down the wrist.  I did this for a couple of days, but am getting the same results.

I am disappointed with how this is working at this point.

Thoughts? 

Best Answer
0 Votes