Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic not recording heart rate, steps or distance

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi All,  I have read and completed all that is instructed for this issue but nothing has worked.  I had an ionic for 5 years no problem, then got a new one and within 6 months have had the following issues.

•  Battery last about 6 hours. Charges to 100% but fades away quickly
  •  No longer records steps, heart rate, distance, stairs, workout zones etc.
  •  It still does time, stop watch etc

What I have done to fix the issue:

•  factory reset
  •  remove app and re install (this took over 8 hours as it won't connect to wifi)
  •  switch Bluetooth off and on
  •  restart watch (several times)
  •  removed ionic device in App and re connect

The watch is currently connecting to the app and syncs (but takes a while) but still hasn't fixed the problem of not recording distance, steps etc.

Any ideas? Before I give up forever!!

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

I have tried the same steps.  My issues are the Ionic is not showing my heart rate.  I will reboot it a few times then, after a while, it will randomly start showing my heart rate, but not record my steps. After a while it will appear to do both finally, but further inspection reveals that my heart rate is frozen, but it is now recording my steps again.  This started after the last firmware update.

My current info.

Model: FB503

Version: 27.72.1.15

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Waza72 and @ArceeK.

@Waza72 Thanks for the details shared in your post and for already trying to resolve the issue. I understand how you are feeling about this situation and recommend getting in touch with our Support team so they can evaluate your device's behavior and help you with this matter. Click here to get connected with them via chat or phone.

@ArceeK Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing a similar issue. Thank you for the details mentioned and the troubleshooting performed. I recommend confirming our complete troubleshooting tips in What factors can affect my heart-rate reading on my Fitbit device?

Hope this helps. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Thanks.

I followed the steps.  I was holding out a lot of hope for the step "... If you use MobileTrack in the Fitbit app, your heart rate might not appear on your device...".   I found that my phone was using it, so I disassociated from my app.  Restarted both my phone and Fitbit Ionic. It appeared to work at first.  Then about an 3 hours later I checked on my Fitbit and the heart rate and steps had frozen again.

I am so frustrated and feed up at this point. If my device were still under warranty I would return it.  I have loved this device up until now.  There might seriously be something wrong with this last update.  My Ionic is far too unreliable now.  I am seriously considering switching companies, and that took a lot.  I have been with Fitbit since the days of the Fitbit One.  😞

Unhappy!  😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply, @ArceeK.

I appreciate your efforts and the additional details. I understand how you are feeling about this situation and recommend trying the following:

1. Confirm the steps to restart the device: How do I restart my Fitbit device?
  2. Switch to a Fitbit designed clock face: How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device?

If the issue persists, I recommend getting in touch with our Support team so they can look deeper into the issue and help you with this matter. Click here to get connected with them via chat or phone.

See you around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Thank yo for being patient with me.  The clock face that I am currently using and always used is:

Moment by Fitbit

Version: 72.1.15

I will try to use another Fitbit clock face because I have not tried this troubleshooting step yet.  I am about to do a long hike.  I will follow-up later. 

Best Answer

Thank you for your response, @ArceeK.

I appreciate your efforts to resolve this issue, thank you for the update. I hope the issue gets resolved. Happy stepping!

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So, once the GPS was going, it did record the steps properly. I set it to exercise/walk. About an hour in I checked it. The steps still seemed to be working, however the heart rate was stuck at a constant number and did not change.  I took the watch off and left it off for 2 minutes.  It was still reading the same heart rate. I decided that I didn't want to lose my step progress by reseting, so I finished up my hike.  Once it was over, I restarted.  The steps continued to work but the heart meter did not grab my heart rate.  About an hour after that I checked again.  My steps were not increasing and the heart rate was jammed again on one number. Again once I removed the fitbit and the heart rate remained the same number, even overnight during a charge cycle when I wasn't wearing it.

I hope this additional information eventually leads to a solution. Thanks again for everything you all have done to try to help me.

Reading through the forums, is this issue unique to the Ionic? 

Best Answer

Small update.  I just tried it with swimming. It did not record my laps or distance swimming. 

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply, @ArceeK.

I appreciate your efforts and the additional details. I understand your concern and recommend getting in touch with our Support team so they can look deeper into the issue and discuss the options available to you. Click here to get connected with them via chat or phone.

See you around.

Best Answer