Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic not recording resting heart rate

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm having the same issue. 

I have an ionic rather than an inspire 2. 

The tile is added on my phone, and I have the same issue on the online dashboard. 

It records my current HR. 

It records daily steps and sleep etc, and uploads/displays them on my phone. 

But the most recent resting HR shown on my phone is from the 19th Feb (today is the 22nd Feb) 

I've tried restarting the ionic and the Fitbit app on my phone 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @JakeRi, it's good to have you back.

I want to inform you that currently this specific device is under recall. For more information about our voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches, please visit our webpage at help.fitbit.com/ionic I am going to close this thread to keep the Community organized.

Have a good day.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Hello @JakeRi 

Most likely you activated inadvertently the "on clip" mode that deactivates HR sensor.

Long press the side buttons to enter quick setting, then scroll down until you see "on clip" setting and set it in "on wrist".

Let me know if I got it.

Best Answer

Hey thanks @SunsetRunner 

I have the ionic not the sense 2 so I'm not sure it has an on clip mode. 

I did check the settings though and 

"Heart Rate: Enables heart data features" is On 

It is measuring my current heart rate, just not recording my resting heart rate to the app

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry @JakeRi but you posted under Inspire 2 subsection and I mis-read your post.

No idea about the issue but it looks more an app bug rather than hardware.

Best Answer

Yeah I know, sorry for the confusion @SunsetRunner @, but this post looked like the same problem so I was hoping maybe someone found a solution to it

Best Answer

Correction: I have the ionic not the *inspire 2 

Best Answer

No, I never found a solution, but it did eventually start working again. Maybe yours will, too?

I should say that that feature started working again. Now the reminders to move function has gone from flaky to non-existent and their "help line" doesn't seem to care at all about the problem. It's not working, they see it's not working, and they haven't offered anything but a shrug.

Best Answer

Hi there, @JakeRi. Thanks for stopping by in the Community Forums and sharing the details about the issue with your Ionic. 

By the way, I’ve moved your post to the Ionic board to have a better chance to get the correct response for your inquiry. @pinecones and @SunsetRunner Thanks for jumping in.

Is your RHR on the Ionic matching the Fitbit app's RHR? If they are showing different data, I'd recommend restarting your Ionic and logging out and logging back from the Fitbit app. Then, make sure to sync your watch. 

I'd like to mention that several factors can affect resting heart rate: stress, alcohol or caffeine intake, or fever usually raise resting heart rate, while regular exercise or meditation can lower it. Air temperature and certain medications can also affect resting heart rate. For more information, see How do I track heart rate with my Fitbit device?

Hope this helps. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah the current HR is matching on the app and watch 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @JakeRi, it's good to have you back.

I want to inform you that currently this specific device is under recall. For more information about our voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches, please visit our webpage at help.fitbit.com/ionic I am going to close this thread to keep the Community organized.

Have a good day.

Best Answer
0 Votes