Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic not recording steps

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had an accidient and have to use an 4 weel walker  when ever I go out walking.

so because I have to have both hands on the walker, I can not record my steps.

Is there any way I can fix ?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @Ian55. It's good to see you back in the Community.

@Odyssey13 thanks for the support.

I sorry to hear you had an accident and now have to use this wheel walker.

Fitbit devices use a 3-axis accelerometer to count your steps. This sensor also allows your device to determine the frequency, duration, intensity, and patterns of your movement.

When you track an activity with GPS, your device calculates your distance using GPS data rather than steps. If you begin moving before you get a GPS signal, your device calculates distance using your steps until GPS connects. I'd suggest you check this article, How does my Fitbit device track my daily activity?.

Also I want to inform that this specific device is currently under recall. For more information about our voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches, please visit our webpage at help.fitbit.com/ionic. I am going to close this thread to keep the Community organized.

Have a nice day.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Ian55  sorry to hear about your accident, but it's good you're able to get out. Many people using a walker attach their Fitbit on the framework or tuck it inside their sock or pocket. Were you aware that the Ionic is currently being recalled by Fitbit? click to learn more.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Ian55. It's good to see you back in the Community.

@Odyssey13 thanks for the support.

I sorry to hear you had an accident and now have to use this wheel walker.

Fitbit devices use a 3-axis accelerometer to count your steps. This sensor also allows your device to determine the frequency, duration, intensity, and patterns of your movement.

When you track an activity with GPS, your device calculates your distance using GPS data rather than steps. If you begin moving before you get a GPS signal, your device calculates distance using your steps until GPS connects. I'd suggest you check this article, How does my Fitbit device track my daily activity?.

Also I want to inform that this specific device is currently under recall. For more information about our voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches, please visit our webpage at help.fitbit.com/ionic. I am going to close this thread to keep the Community organized.

Have a nice day.

Best Answer