Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic not registering steps nor heart rate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

There were a few preceding symptoms before the fitbit stopped tracking my steps and heartrate. First, the LED's for my heart rate monitoring stayed on and ran the battery down. I had to keep the watch on the charger in order to prevent the battery from running down overnight so I could use it the next morning on my runs. 

After that, the screen would not respond to motion. I would need to manually click the left side button to see the screen. 

Finally, the LED's turned off completely, heart rate ceased to be registered, and no steps have been counted. This was right after the most recent update. I don't swim, so there was no submersion to affect this. 

Has anybody else gotten this resolved?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Community Forums @RaulPuark

I'm very sorry for the experience and thank you very much for the detailed information shared. If you haven't do so, I recommend trying the following: 

• Restart your Fitbit Ionic. For instructions see, How do I restart my Fitbit device?
  • Restart heart rate settings: Swipe left from the clock face and tap settings, find heart rate and turn it off, after 10 seconds turn it back on and test your device

Additionally, if you continue having issue with the battery, please make sure that you've reviewed the tips provided in this article.

Hope this helps.

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @CindyMFitbit,

Thank you for reaching out. I have already tried those two options. I have begun the factory reset to see if that helps. This was not an issue until the most recent update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RaulPuark Thanks for your response. 

I appreciate for confirm that you already tried the suggested instructions. I hope the factory reset helps you to be back on track. 

See you around. 

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer