Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic not showing sleeping stages but patterns only

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Ionic had stopped showing sleeping stages since last Sat. I tried to restart both fitbit and fitbit app and fully charged my Ionic. The heartbeat sensor was working and turned on. 

It happened since I took a nap which was expected to show only patterns. But since then, it always only shows pattern for the last few days. Is it a software issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

It's great to see you around @asiayeah. I appreciate the details mentioned and the troubleshooting tried. 

I would like you to try the following troubleshooting: 

- Manually sync your tracker 

- Restart your Ionic 

- Try sleeping with your watch in your non-dominant hand 

Is it a software issue? I can't confirm if this is a software issue. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, Silvia.

Yes, I've tried that before. Unfortunately, I've just had my 6th nights in a row without sleeping stages.

I always sleep with my Ionic in my non-dominant hand. I've tried syncing, rebooting both my Ionic and my phone.

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found another symptom that the heart rate graph has stopped working. 

I can only see the current heart rate on both Ionic and the fitbit app, but the graph has stopped working. 

It looks to me the heartbeat data isn't syncing between ionic and fitbit and hence the sleeping stages failed 

Now the question is why the heart rate isn't syncing at all?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @asiayeah. Sorry for the delay reply. 

I appreciate the troubleshooting tried. I've shared your post with our Support team and they've mentioned that you already have a case with them, please continue the communication through email. 

Best Answer

Yes. Unfortunately the support seems to have no clue. As usual they just ask me to update the Fitbit app. That doesn't help at all.

I think the problem actually lies in the heart beat sensor of my Ionic. I notice there are data in the "Minutes in Heart Rate Zone" graph but there is no resting bpm. The Minutes in Heart Rate Zone graph shows abnormal data. I also notice the Ionic can double my heartbeat and it resumes normal after a reset right away. Since heart beat sensor is breaking, the sleeping stages cannot be shown.

Not just that, my Ionic's left button has also stopped working altogether. It appears water has leaked into my Ionic killing the buttons slowly and also the heartbeat sensor.

I think my journey with Fitbit will likely end here, as my Ionic is out of warranty.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @asiayeah. I appreciate the extra details mentioned. 

I've shared this with my team, they will continue assisting you. It's pretty weird that your sleep stages aren't showing as expected. I would like you to continue the communication through email, our team is always trying to help you even when there might be some delay replying. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just like many others' experience, the Fitbit Ionic isn't built to last. After swimming it for a few times, the heartbeat sensor isn't reliable, then the left button has stopped responding suddenly overnight. I've left it dry for 10+ days, did a factory reset but the left button still doesn't work at all.

Unfortunately without the left button, the whole Fitbit Ionic is not usable.

I contacted the Fitbit support and all they do is ask me to soft reset and then factory reset.

Best Answer
0 Votes