Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic not starting and totaly unresponsive

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ionic arrived yesterday, charged it to 100%, got acquainted and spend the night with it....

In the morning I had a swim with it (witch it should, as stated by FITBIT, manage to survive) But this afternoon I noticed the screen was shifting back and forward between the daily activity screen and the music screen. Not responding on any button what so ever. 10 minutes later a black screen and not responsive on the buttons, received the e-mail on low battery. Now charging and its getting hot when charging..... Hope I don't get an exploding battery. Any way after 2 hours charging still not responsive on the buttons and a black screen. I did all the reset and start up tricks but no response. Might be a watery issue don't you think? Anyone at FITBIT can point me to a solution for this PITA thing.

Thanks...

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Update: obviously it drowned on me after one swim. See the moist on the sensors.😩😩

7627D384-7C29-4D02-B57F-F5D02E18E847.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes

This just happened to me! First swim for ten minutes, and it won't turn on, I've charged it on multiple outlets. I'm extremely shattered! 

Is this a warranty claim? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oeps... number 2 calling in @CarlosCFitbit. I would think it’s absolutely a warranty claim. Check this thread.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Ionic/Condensation-Buildup-in-Sensors/m-p/2235190#M6698

@lcpenhall Replay there with a new Post and tag @CarlosCFitbit so he will take notice!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kwono1 mentioned that two of his friends have also had water damaged Ionics. 

I think some of these threads need merging as there are now multiple threads discussing the same or similar things. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes