Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic not staying connected to phone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a iPhone and I can not stay connected for longer then 20 mins and have to forget device from both Bluetooth and app. In this happening it loses time of the course of the day. Currently I am sitting at about 15 mins slow. Yesterday I was over an hour behind at one point.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@MasterOx A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thank you for the details mentioned. 

Please check the following requirements: 

• Your iPhone or iPad is running the latest version of iOS. To check, tap Settings 

> General > Software Update.
  • Your Fitbit device is up-to-date. For more information, see How do I update my Fitbit device?
  • The Fitbit app is up-to-date. For more information, see How do I use the Fitbit app?
  • Your iPhone or iPad is connected to cellular data or Wi-Fi.
  • The Bluetooth setting on your iPhone or iPad is turned on. To check, tap Settings 

> Bluetooth 

• Your iPhone or iPad isn't managing other Bluetooth connections. If you have multiple Bluetooth products like speakers or headsets paired to your phone along with your Fitbit device, you may have trouble using more than one at the same time. Turn off other Bluetooth connections when not in use.
  • If you use more than one phone or tablet to sync, make sure the other device isn't nearby. If the device is nearby, turn off Bluetooth on it.
  • Your Fitbit device is charged.

If you're still experiencing issues after checking the requirements mentioned above, please try the troubleshooting posted in this article

Let me know how it goes. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SilviaFitbit I have done all that. The only way I get it to sync is by forgetting the device in both Bluetooth and the app. I have only noticed it since the app updated earlier this week. I reconnected around 2 PM my time (AST) and I am now out by about 15 mins now.

E14AE854-AAE8-4C29-A8E6-D216628C666F.png

CDDCCA82-BB2C-485A-B115-921A2CB81E50.png

these photos show what I am getting when I go into the Bluetooth settings and the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MasterOx Thank you for the screenshots attached and the details shared. 

In this case, I've shared your post with our Support team and someone will contact you as soon as possible. Keep in mind that due to recent events affecting our operations we may take a bit longer to get back to you. 

Have a great week. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes