Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic not syncing properly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Purchased a week ago.... Failed for no particular reason to sync.... Took it back to shop I purchased it from and they reset everything. Got it back happy last night. Sync worked great overnight but it has decided to stop syncing as of 8.39am this morning.

Unfortunately I have purchased the Ionic in Thailand where I live and Thailand does not have  good consumer protection laws. I will take it back again and try and get refund but suspect that this purchase was a disappointing waste of money.

I cannot recommend anyone in Thailand purchasing the Ionic 

Moderator edit: Clarified subject 

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Sell it off while it's still relatively new. With its myriad of known problems and non acknowledgement from the company, I can't even get if off my hands with a 1/3 discount off the purchase price on any buy/sell website. No doubt your thread will be deleted by fitbit mods like most of my other threads which highlighted real harsh negative truths about the ionic which fitbit felt should be removed because they don't want people to know.

Just looking at my ionic makes my blood boil nowadays.

Utterly disappointed!
Best Answer

I just wish I could put my finger on these issues.. Here's me, with a phone not on the Compatibility list and everything works..

A fortnight ago I received a replacement Fitbit because the GPS wasn't connecting. I put the case to Fitbit with examples and Satellite profiles and within 3 days from overseas I was setting up this new Fitbit Ionic. The old Fitbit was 6 months old and the GPS gradually degraded to no connection.

Many like me probably feel embarrassed if we post positive's, but I would like to know why there are many of us that enjoy the range of Fitbit products and others having the issues...

I disliked the Connected GPS on my Blaze because there was an error tracking East/West direction in the Southern Hemisphere. The plot was OK but the maths for distance and speed was increasing @ 12%/minute and had me walking at running speed... in that direction.. North/South was perfect..

Here is my multi sync of a few minutes ago

sync screen 4may18.jpg

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

I’m the same, honestly wished I’d never bought one. 

Best Answer

Hi everyone and Welcome to the new users! 

@Markhs Thanks for your patience and performing these troubleshoots, let me help you out. In order to exhaust all the possible troubleshoots please follow the steps listed on the Why won't my Fitbit device sync? article and keep an eye on it. If you're still having trouble let me know so I can give you the next steps. 

@Colinm39 Thanks for sharing your feedback, your opinion is very valuable. Cat Happy

@ruriimasu @Stubhoy67 In order to further assist you please provide as many details you can about the situation that you're experiencing, I'll be around! 

Keep me posted! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Watch won’t sync or display any notifications. 4 times I’ve done a factory reset and everything syncs fine and I get all notifications for around 6 hours then it just stops and I get nothing. Using the ionic without the app I went a half hour walk and according to my watch I had burnt 450 calories!! A gentle bike ride for a couple of hours was 1800 calories. I’m struggling to find anything positive about this watch, I’ve followed every troubleshooting step and nothing works except the factory reset where I get 6 hours then nothing. 

Best Answer

Hi,

I have had the same problems. My Ionic is only a few days old. Have followed all of the suggestions on Fitbit site without success. I have reset watch (including Factory reset). I have tried syncing with iphone, ipad and windows10. The Ionic will not sync the next day. Sometimes it wont connect via bluetooth at all. Even when this is sorted it wont complete the sync and keeps trying without success.

Something is seriously wrong with either the software or hardware within the Ionic.

Not happy

Best Answer