Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic not turning on after factory reset

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Had to factory reset for personal reasons and now it won’t come on. Once I hit reset it went off and can’t get it to come back on at all. Called customer service and they couldn’t tell me how to do anything other than hold the buttons down. Battery was at 100% when I hit reset. Anyone else have similar issues or know if there is another way to fix it? Outside of warranty so nothing they can or will do about it!

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
16 REPLIES 16

@Kjones-00 Welcome to the Community. Thanks for the detailed information shared. 

I appreciate that you mentioned you contacted our Support team. Sorry to hear that after performing the factory reset your Ionic isn't turning on. Each case is reviewed individually and the option provided is based in the Fitbit Warranty

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you do the reset factory from on screen? If so it seems to be rather buggy on ionics. My last one went into a boot loop when I did that. Ever since I won''t do that again just do the button ones to be sure my ionic won't bug out. Personally I wish fitbit would remove the on screen reset function as it seems tocause more harm then good on many people ionics.

Sorry to hear what happen. I do hope they give you a replacement 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

No replacement! Did offer a 10% discount on a new one....that hardly covers the taxes!

Best Answer

I’ve had it just long enough for the warranty to be up! It hasn’t worked right since the iOS update back in October!

Best Answer

The same update killed my watch to. It was a rubbish update and they did not  do anything to solve the issues. My watch drain all the battery when shut down an this morning after charge i wanted to do a factory reset from the menu. the watch closed and i can't power it. I've tried the two button reset and the three button factory reset. Nothing is working. 

Best Answer

Same problem happened 2 days ago. Did factory reset from screen with 100% battery & it won"t turn on (fitbit ionic). Have tried everything in regards to holding buttons (back button, back & bottom tight, all 3, all 3 for 15 seconds then releasing bottom right. Somehow through all that I have now managed to get a display of a large battery symbol showing 0% on my screen (battery is fully charged). It comes on regardless of which button I push & then turns off a few seconds later. If I hold any button (or combination of buttons) it comes on then goes off & continues to cycle on for a few seconds the off for a few seconds then back on (always showing the large battery symbol at 0%) until I release all buttons. I have done the factory reset many times (6+) from the screen (have owned the Ionic for apprx 1 yr) & this is the first time I've have any issues.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner and @Kjones-00 Welcome to the Community. Thanks for the details mentioned and the troubleshooting tried. 

In this case, I've shared your post with our Support team and they will continue assisting you through email. 

@Kjones-00 and @SunsetRunner Thanks for the details mentioned. Each case is reviewed individually and the option provided is based in the Fitbit Warranty. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

my Ionic will not turn on after reset, and this was a replacement for the one that crashed after the October 2019 update.

I'm pretty sure I'll be out of warranty, its likely going in the garbage and being replaced with a Garmin. sad because I really like the ionic

Best Answer

My icon is not coming on after switching it off

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had all sort of problems this week with Ionic. Phone can't find device, settings in weird state. I turned off and on. No recourse. Did a factory reset and cannot now get to turn on.
**ahem**. Cannot wait for Google to turn this company around with quality products.

Best Answer

@Lobim-d Welcome to the Community. Sorry for the delayed reply. 

Thanks for the details mentioned. I would like you to restart your Ionic

@trekmanone Hey there. Thanks for sharing what you were experiencing with your watch. I've shared your post with our Support team and they've mentioned you already have a case with them, please continue the communication through email. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

C56B2B71-AF70-4443-B9D6-A9BB719D8E92.jpeg

After having these issues And contacting support via Twitter they told me to complete a factory reset. My device went from working and the display going out to now not working at all and it will not turn on. I really do not want to have to buy a new one or at least if I do I want to not have to pay more than I did originally. I haven’t even owned it two years, I thought fitbit as better quality and customer service has been hit or miss with issues. What can be done?

Best Answer
I gave up on FitBit and bought a Garmin Vivoactive 3 smartwatch. Fitbit
offered 25% off SRP for $187 for another Ionic. That would have put owning
an Ionic at over $500 with all the straps I bought for that little latching
pin.

I bought into the Garmin infrastructure and couldn't be happier. I use
MyFitnessPal (MFP) for my food and exercise tracking and they support Garmin
as well as Fitbit. The watch is even more powerful than the Ionic.

I still own a Fitbit Aria weight scale so still "in bed with Fitbit" but
should it die, I won't buy another Fitbit product either. I'll wait until I
see what Google does with them. In the meanwhile, have a look at Garmin.
Their Garmin Connect computer display is awesome!

William
Best Answer
0 Votes

My ionic was not connecting to my iphone 11. I kept trying to do the add device and kept getting an error. It stopped receiving text messages and phones calls via bluetooth about 2 weeks ago. So I did a factory reset tonight on the ionic and now it is not going back on. I have had this watch for less than a year. I need to know how to get it fixed. I do not have the money to buy a new one or be offered one at a discounted price I just want mine fixed please can you or your team help me with this? Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is a known software bug with Ionic watches by FitBit. Doing a software reset bricks the watch and it never works again. FitBit offered me 25% off a new watch. After buying 5 watch straps just to get that clasp, I gave up on FitBit and bought a VivoActive 3 watch by Garmin. 1000% better than FitBit. The watch and desktop software are far superior to FitBit Ionic. Have a look.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is a known software bug with Ionic watches by FitBit. Doing a software reset bricks the watch and it never works again. FitBit offered me 25% off a new watch. After buying 5 watch straps just to get that clasp, I gave up on FitBit and bought a VivoActive 3 watch by Garmin. 1000% better than FitBit. The watch and desktop software are far superior to FitBit Ionic. Have a look.

Best Answer
0 Votes