Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic not turning on after factory reset

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there.can you please help me with my fitbit ionic.so I factory reset it.and now it won't turn on? Maybe u know how to turn it on?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Nice to see you here, @honeysfit23.

Do you recall if the battery was charged before performing the factory reset? I recommend you to try the troubleshooting steps from this help article to bring your Ionic back to life.

By the way, I moved your post to the Ionic's board to keep the forum organized and you can receive advice from other Ionic users also.

Hope this helps.

If my post was helpful, you can vote for it. You can also mark it as Best Answer if it was what you were looking for!
Best Answer

Mine was and is fully charged and will not turn back on.  I have done two factory resets and DT the same result. The Ionic screen says “data not cleared sync & try again” and it displays a red X in a circle. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually it wasn't fully charged. I used it half day. But when I get home I charge it amd it won't charge. Shoud I buy another charger?I keep charging it everyday all day still not charging. Do you know whats wrong with my watch?

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community, @LanTurn. Thanks for the update @honeysfit23.

@LanTurn Now that you performed the factory reset, you need to setup your Ionic as a new device. Here you'll find the instructions to do it: How do I set up my Fitbit device?.

@honeysfit23 Since your watch is having the same behavior despite the troubleshooting performed, I recommend you to contact our Support team by chat or calling them and explain them what you've tried so far. They'll gladly assist you to determine if it's related to the Ionic or to the charging cable.

See you around.

If my post was helpful, you can vote for it. You can also mark it as Best Answer if it was what you were looking for!
Best Answer

Mine was and is fully charged and will not turn back on.  I have done two factory resets and DT the same result.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Once I did all that you have done - I had to treat it as a new installation
and that worked. Sorry you are having trouble. Sad too, that they cannot
be more helpful.

--
Michael Lanham
Mike.lanham@gmail..com
214-564-2500 mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @honeysfit23 - if you have charged it for 2 hours and you get nothing then the watch has probably been destroyed by the known bug in the factory reset.

It will not respond to anything except, once the battery is fully depleted pressing the button will show 0%, that's all it will do and it confirms the watch has been destroyed.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer