Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic not turning on after swimming

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Unfortunately my ionic won't turn on after swimming in to the sea. I have contact with customer support and waiting for help. The watch is my personal trainer so it is very important to me. Hope the help me fix it. By the way, I am from Greece and I have a feeling that is going to take a while cause of the covid conditions etc. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

Hello @Pavloskl, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for the details that were shared in your post. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know if the heart rate sensors are flashing or is your device completely unresponsive? If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to check our help article: Why isn't my battery charging on my Fitbit device? and let me know how it goes. Such article includes a restart process which can be really helpful for this situation

Let me know if further assistance is needed and if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @RicardoFitbit. Thank you for your suggestions. I have already check the sensors. They  are off. I ve tryed to charge my ionic. It doesn't corresponds. I also tryed hard reset. No result! I have been chating on Sunday with service care and I am waiting for further instructions on how to proceed with this issue. They told me to wait 24-48 hours and they will get touch with me, so I am waiting for that! Ionic is my work out tool and it is so useful being a "coach" to me! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your reply is appreciated @Pavloskl.

Thanks for all the details that were shared with me and for trying some troubleshooting steps. Since you already received assistance from our Customer Support team, I suggest you to contact them back if you require further assistance or if you have any additional questions about the outcome of your case. Keep in mind that due to recent events affecting our operations, support options are limited and wait times are longer than usual.

I'll be here if you need anything else.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Quick update : customer support already contact me (exactly between 48 hours, as they promised).

They send me a voucher for DHL and I send my ionic free of charge today.

The watch will be tomorrow in the Netherlands, so I m waiting about 5 business days to get it back fixed. 

So far, so good!!

Best Answer

Thanks for posting, I'm having the same problem right now. I came here first for help. Now after reading your post and threads, Ill call customer support. I've had the Ionic for over a year and this is the first time going swimming with it too. I've tried the recommended solutions but no luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome aboard @Gilfit2020. Thanks for your update @Pavloskl.

@Pavloskl I'm really happy to know that our Customer Support team provided you assistance with this issue. Please do not hesitate to contact me back if you require further assistance or if you have any additional questions, I'll be here ready to help you out.

@Gilfit2020 Thanks for your post and for trying some steps. To move forward with this, can you please let me know if you tried the troubleshooting steps from my previous post? I'll be waiting for your reply.

It's always a pleasure to assist, I'll be around.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, thanks for replying so soon
Yes, I did try them. I chatted with customer service and did some more
steps. They gave me an address for returns so maybe they can fix it for me.
The wife said, don't take it in the pool. I said, it's good upto 50 meters.
Oh boy, will I not here the end of this. I'm mailing it in tomorrow.
Gilfit2020
Best Answer

Hi @Gilfit2020.

I am happy hearing that my post helped you. Hope we have are watches back soon and fresh as new. 

@RicardoFitbit, just a short suggestion from a customer (I mean my self).

Tell the developers of the ionic to remove swimming feature, in order to avoid many issues for fixing /replacing!

I can understand that competition, make watch manufacturers to give as many as possible features but I believe (and also I have seen in posts) a lot of issues when we are swimming with ionic.

It will be more clear to the customer what watch is going to bye. 

Although, great and extremely quick support until now! Thanks again! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your replies @Gilfit2020 and @Pavloskl.

@Gilfit2020 It's nice to see that our Customer Support team assisted you too and your issue was also resolved. I'll be here if you need anything else, thanks for being a member of the Fitbit family.

@Pavloskl Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and input over here, we are always striving to improve the Fitbit experience with our products and services, therefore, the feedback that's shared here in the Community Forums is always helpful for us to evaluate our procedures.

I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Gilfit2020,

The wife said, don't take it in the pool. I said, it's good upto 50 meters.

Listen to your wife she is correct!

The waterproof rating is misleading, and applies to other WR50 rated watches as well. It is NOT waterproof to 50 metres. If it was, I'd be taking it SCUBA diving. Technically it’s swim proof and even certified for snorkelling. The truth is completely different as many, many have said found out on this and other forums. Have a look through previous threads.

These devices aren't capable of withstanding the rigors of active water sports. Laps, waves, boarding etc. I won't even wear mine in the shower.

It should have been manufactured to and certified to the WR100 standard. If it was you would hardly hear of one flooding.

Do not swim with an Ionic or Versa!

It is marketing spin that Fitbit can't and won't publicly backdown from now that the horse has bolted.

The swim menu function should be removed at the next software/firmware update. Not going to happen unfortunately. 

IF you must swim with it, do so ONLY during the warranty period, as Fitbit are legally obliged to replace the device if it floods. BEFORE the warranty runs out (a month or so - to be protected) STOP swimming and even showering with the device - otherwise the risk is yours, unless you think a 15-25% discount on a replacement is a good deal. Not worth it as far as I'm concerned. These cost a lot of money. For some a small fortune!

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer
0 Votes

Final update : the watch is in my hand, brand new. I am back in track.

Excellent service and support. Very quick and efficient correspondence!

Best Answer