Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic notifications are not working with iPhone 6S

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have an iphone 6 plus.

Ionic Symptoms:

Text notifications are random at best.  I received one this week at midnight last night.  It is not supposed to even give me notifications while sleeping.... Maybe it didn't vibrate (who knows I was sleeping).  I would rate this at 5% functionality.

Google calendar works off and on but not reliable. I would rate this at 30% functionality.

Google maps. 0% functionality

Kid's apple screen time requests.   100% functionality

Attempted fixes:

Toggled all of these in the ionic:

Fitbit notifications are "on" with left button hold.  No Change

Fitbit settings (notifications are "on" except for while sleeping). No Change

Iphone app:

Toggled all notifications.   Not Change

Attempted Resets:

Fitbit left button and bottom right.    Outcome: No Change

Fitbit factory reset, Delete app from Iphone, Forget Bluetooth.      Outcome: No Change

My last Fitbit had battery issues and was replaced.   This one has excellent battery life but no notifications (hardly).  Am I the only person experiencing these problems????

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Darin1  What phone are you using? Is it on the Supported Devices List? Try THIS Help Article on Troubleshooting Notifications,  though it sounds as if you have tried most of the info there.

Woops, sorry, just saw where you said what phone you have. It seems very odd that notifications arent working with that phone. I will flag your post for a moderators attention.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Darin1! Sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with your Fitbit Ionic. I really appreciate your time and efforts while troubleshooting this, nice way to go!

Thanks for following @NellyG's advice. I have seen that you got in touch with our Customer Support Team after posting here. Smiley Very Happy If the issue persists after the steps you were provided, please feel free to reply back to your case. They will be more than glad to further assist. 

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello,
After calling support my Fitbit received notifications for about an hour two days ago. The text notifications (while working) didn’t always show up on the screen but my watch would vibrate. I tried viewing them in the notification history (long press upper right button) and no text message appeared.

I went through everything again from the previous post, which was the same (less the factory reset) I did with support on this past Thursday when it started working last night. The watch updated and I went through all the settings again after reinstalling the app on my phone and no luck.

It did get a couple of notifications last night as shown in its history view. One from google calendar, Ring, and one from the zmodo app. Just a moment ago it gave me. A notification from ring again so I tried sending myself a text and nothing.

Additional information:
I don’t have any other Bluetooth devices connected or near by.
I setup the watch via my home WiFi network while connected to a USB port on my computer.

Thanks!
Darin Glover

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Great news,  I figured it out!!!   KIND OF...

In order to make the notifications work each day, I have to swipe out the fitbit app on my iphone 6 and then do the soft reset on my ionic (left and bottom right button).  Once I see the Fitbit emblem show up on my ionic I restart the app on my phone.   They sync and everything works until the next morning.  I have verified this by trying to text myself every morning for the past four days prior to doing the above steps.

Please help me figure out how to make the reset unnecessary.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well Im glad you have figured something out, but.... well.... its a little bit involved! I do hope you find an easier way 😊

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer