Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic playlist won't transfer from iTunes

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

While the playlist shows up in the FitBit PC app from iTunes and all the songs in the playlist are displayed, they won't transfer.  There is this red triangle with an exclamation mark in it on the far right of each track.  Songs in the playlist are from personal CDs uploaded to iTunes as well as those purchased from iTunes. When I added a license-free song to the playlist, it also was marked with the red triangle (though it transferred fine when I loaded it in a new playlist).  

When I hover over the red triangle, a message pops up that says, "Can't find file. Tap gear icon and then Add folders." I got up to the settings icon but adding folders doesn't help.  

Any suggestions besides cursing Apple?

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Check out this video, it might help ...

How to transfer music to Fitbit Ionic (Windows 7/iTunes)

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having same issue red triangle says DRM-encrypted file can’t transfer. I watched video and could use some help Ahmed!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you ever find a solution to this? I am experiencing the same thing and can't find a way around it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also watched the video and am still having troubles.  Fitbit Connect shows my playlists and artists, then clicking on the playlist shows the names of the songs but with the triangle saying it can't find the file.    A couple of thoughts:   Do the music files have to be mp3?  Mine are m4a of iTunes.  I've also tried changing the music folder in Settings between C:\Users\Owner\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media (which is where iTunes tells me files are stored by artist then album) and C:\Users\Owner\Music\iTunes\iTunes Music, which I *think* is an old storage area for iTunes.

Maybe you can't have the multi folder layers of artist and album?  Ahmed made his playlist directly from the files, so maybe you have to create a folder with the specific music files (i.e. no layers) THEN create the playlist.  Too tired to try this tonight, that's a lot of work...

Let me know if anyone gets any insights on this, it's pretty disappointing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys @cherab @Lex5 @alywalysharp, it's nice to see you around! From iTunes, you should be able to select one of the songs and command-i (or Edit > Song Info) and then on File tab the "kind" field will tell you the type of file.

You can also view from Library > Songs if you add "Kind" to columns. For more information, check this article

You cannot transfer songs with DRM information to the Ionic. You can transfer songs that you have purchased in iTunes (which do not have DRM information).

To download music files on a Mac, they must fall under one of the following audio file types: 

• MP3 files
  • AIFF
  • MP4 files with AAC audio

Since you guys use iTunes, make sure you approve the app to share playlists with your watch: Open iTunes on your computer > Edit > Preferences > Advanced Share iTunes Library XML with other applications > OK.

Screen Shot 2017-10-06 at 10.51.01 AM.png

For best results, perform this process as close to your router as possible to reduce any interference.

Hope this helps!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,@MarreFitbit:

I check all the songs that  kind is MPEG audio file.

Not drm songs,why it still can't transfer music songs?

Why not let ionic be a usb disc?

That wil be easy to transfer music (like garmin 645)

Thank your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi.  I am having the same problem.  In your message you said "You can transfer songs that you have purchased in iTunes (which do not have DRM information)." 

... So I purchased an album of songs from the iTune store, and still get the red triangle that says they are DRM encripted.  Did I waste my money?  I hope not.  Please help.

Best Answer
0 Votes