Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic raise wrist not working anymore

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Got my new Ionic on Sunday, have had no problems with it so far until today. Everything was working fine, went for a walk, and in the last couple hours the ionic screen won't activate when I raise my wrist. I haven't changed any settings today and I've restarted the device. Haven't done a factory reset yet, that's a last resort. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Best Answer
87 REPLIES 87

That's good news @PaullutiquechVT and @alokeson, thank you for the update. Smiley Happy

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

As a practice, when my fitbit starts acting up, I scroll to settings, scroll down to About, scroll down to Shutdown and select shutdown by pressing the left button on the Fitbit.. It will ask if you want to shutdown, select Yes..

To turn back on, hold left button for a few seconds until fitbit icon appears.

Once your primary screen reappears, check to make sure the wake setting is set to auto by holding down the left side button for about 1 second.

Ciao for now,

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yup. Did that two weeks ago. Works great.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Vg.
All the best.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Awesome, thank you for sharing this procedure @mtkwilly, I'm sure it'll be useful to other users as well. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Right to left swipe on the clock did not work for me.  But this suggestion of holding the left button for 3 secs did work.  So the solution was appropriate

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply @Saish, it's good to know this procedure worked for you. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where is this 'Screen Wake'?  I have swiped right and am not finding it

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hold the left button for three to five seconds. It will appear on your watch screen.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hold left Button about 3 seconds. J

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @TravelHabit, it's good to see you around in the Community forums.

As @PaullutiquechVT and @jrsmith888 mentioned, you should be able to see the Screen Wake option just by pressing and holding the left button for three to five seconds. Please let us know if you're able to find this option in your smartwatch. 

Keep us posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This one really works!!  If you have a password - 4 digits, and it shows that screen, enter the 4 digits, and hold the left button in again for 3 seconds.  The manual / auto screen shows up! Tap on auto.  That’s it!  The swiping to the right never worked.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Sterling47, thanks for jumping in here and letting us know that the steps shared by @DavideFitbit worked for you. Smiley Very Happy 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

My ionic does not reveal anything when I try to swipe right to adjust a manual or auto setting. So frustrating

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner, welcome to the Community forums. 

Thank you for sharing what you've been experiencing with your Ionic. Do you mean that the Ionic doesn't allow you to scroll through the different options available on the display? 

Please let us know if you already tried to perform the restart procedure described here: How do I restart my Fitbit device?

Keep us posted if anything changes or if you continue to experience the same problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I went on a live chat and got my issue resolved. Thank you

Sent from my iPad

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're welcome @SunsetRunner, thank you for the update. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! This worked on mine! Would not swipe right like everyone kept saying to do but this worked!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Excellent news @TamraClaire , and welcome to the Community forums. 

It's good to know this worked out for you. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried this several times and I do not see that option to change the wrist action when I swipe right, left, up, or down.  I have gone into settings and I still do not see it.  Also, rebooted the ionic - still not working.    Anyone know where that darn wrist action setting is please?  Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes