Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic raise wrist not working anymore

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Got my new Ionic on Sunday, have had no problems with it so far until today. Everything was working fine, went for a walk, and in the last couple hours the ionic screen won't activate when I raise my wrist. I haven't changed any settings today and I've restarted the device. Haven't done a factory reset yet, that's a last resort. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Best Answer
87 REPLIES 87

Do a long push of LEFT button and the Screen Wake setting IS there.  If it is not, then you  swipe left or right to get it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cannot find the option I only find apps when I swipe right

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hold down left button three seconds.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @jesda01, welcome to the Community forums, I'm sorry to see that you've been having trouble with your Ionic and the Screen Wake option. 

As @SunsetRunner  and @PaullutiquechVT have mentioned, you should be able to see the Screen Wake option on your display by pressing the left button of your watch, you would need to press and hold for a few seconds until you see the menu on your screen. 

Could you please confirm if you're still having trouble to get this option? 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes
The feature you are looking for is "screen wake."
I access this by holding down the left side button for about 2 seconds.
Then you should see screen wake options. Make sure it is set to auto. If
not, tap the wake feature on the watch face to toggle between manual and
auto.
After you set to auto, hold down left button about 2 seconds to return to
time page on watch and test.

If that doesn't work, try shutting down watch and restarting it by
scrolling right to left on the glass watch face to settings.
Tap the settings icon, scroll down to "about" feature and tap once. Scroll
down to "shutdown" and tap.

trun watch back on by holding down left side button for about 2 seconds,
watch should restart.
Then test wake feature.

If this does not work, you should make sure watch software is up to date.

Lastly, do a factory reset by following above instructions to get to
settings->about and select factory reset instead of doing a shutdown.

Good luck,
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have always had mine set to manual, the last few months it quit working. I don’t want my messages to automatically show on my screen. How do I fix this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an Ionic. When I hold the left button, my credit card in the wallet activates (as it should). I've checked settings repeatedly for manual/automatic for turning the watch on by movement. 

What am I missing?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hold left button in for 5 seconds. 😎

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Push in the left button until it vibrates, then release. You will see a screen with “Screen Wake”, and under it yours should say “Manual”. Tap on the SCREEN where it says “Manual”, and it goes to “Auto”. Every time you tap, it goes to the other one. To keep your choice, push the left side button again. Now, you’re back to the main screen, and it will turn on whenever you rotate your wrist. You can also turn on / off Notifications there also. Jim

Sent from my iPad - JAM
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have mine set to manual and it still shows my notifications. Very annoying

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Excellent, thank you for sharing all this information @mtkwilly@Sterling47, I'm sure it will be useful for other users as well. 

@Laciedronet56, @Laciedronet56, have you tried restarting your Ionic following these steps, and then tried to check if you still get the screen turned on automatically with the manual setting?  Please keep me posted. 

Thank you for pointing this out @paulmyoung, have you tried holding the button for a few more seconds? Try with at least 5 seconds, as @PaullutiquechVT has suggested. Please us know if you get the Screen Wake option.  

Please keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have tried it several times. ☹️ I feel like I’ve tried everything. Just not interested in someone on the side of me seeing my text. Especially when it’s my boss about employee.

Sent from my iPhone

Best Answer
0 Votes

Finally resolved issue by holding left button until menus appeared. Swipe until you get to quick settings. If this is the first time select got it!. The change awake from manual to auto. Hope this works for you> drove me nuts.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked like charm...!

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's great news @Tregaladin @PraveenVJ, thank you for sharing these steps that worked out for you.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

For all that have the Ionic DO not wear in the water. Wore in the pool for 5 minutes and it died. Of course I didn’t by the warrant. So much money wasted and very disappointed Fitbit wouldn’t  do anything. At least let me send it back and they could look at it. I guess Apply  will be my next purchase 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have had issues with mine in the pool as well!!! DEFINITELY feel like
they are not taking these issues seriously and trying to resolve them. I
have actually had many problems that they refuse to address! Walking
recording as bike ride, auto detect not working to start yet will stop
without warning mid activity!.
Best Answer
0 Votes

It really is sad. Mine is dead. That’s a lot of money spent for not even having it a little over a year. It sucks because I really did love it.

Sent from my iPhone

Best Answer
0 Votes

My clock face WONT swipe right!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Laciedronet56, thank you for sharing your feedback and this experience you had with the Ionic after swimming.  I've sent your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance with this, but was informed that you already have a case created or that you already got in touch with them. Let me know about the outcome. 

@TravelHabit, could you please provide a few more details about what you've been experiencing with the Ionic and the swimming activity? 

Regarding the other problems you mentioned, please let me know if you've tried to restart your device following these steps, and if you've tried any other troubleshooting steps so far. 

Welcome to the Community forums @SurreyJon, let me know if you're still having trouble with your clock face not swiping right. In the meantime, make sure that you've also tried performing the restart procedure.  

Keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes