Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic raise wrist not working anymore

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Got my new Ionic on Sunday, have had no problems with it so far until today. Everything was working fine, went for a walk, and in the last couple hours the ionic screen won't activate when I raise my wrist. I haven't changed any settings today and I've restarted the device. Haven't done a factory reset yet, that's a last resort. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Best Answer
87 REPLIES 87

Yes a case has been open and they offered 20% off on a new one. I’m not buying a new one. I spent $250 on the one I had and it only lasted little over year. I would like to send it back and have someone look at it. Obviously there was a defect or y’all selling it and it’s really not water proof.

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

Hi @Laciedronet56,  thank you for your reply. 

Thank you for all your feedback about the Ionic, it is particularly difficult when the device is no longer covered by the warranty, but even tough Support is eager to help with any problem you may experience with the product, they do need to adhere to the official warranty policy, this would start counting from the original date of purchase.

Let me know if you have further questions. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have restarted my device countless times!!!! To the extent that it
irritates me to hear it mentioned! Yes, I have a case open, but I have
never gotten any updates, just empty promises of it being worked on and
requests to 'Be Patient'. I did not buy a device for years because I
waited for one that tracked swimming - I do not appreciate having spent
$300 on a device that doesn't work and being asked to 'Be Patient'. Maybe
an offer to buy it back!! Shoot, even if I was being asked questions that
made me feel like they were really trying to resolve all of the issues that
I have had. I have gotten none of that, just, 'Be Patient'! I am livid at
the attitude that it is just fine to take my $ and not deliver the product
that was promised through FitBit advertising! I veen would have appreciate
some kind of a discount, since the device doesn't do what was promised
maybe the price should have been reduced to that of the devices that only
do what this one is doing accurately (is any of it accurate? Hard to say
when soo many parts aren't working!) I am happy to give any details and
additional information...

Support IS NOT eager to help, all support does and wants to do is tell you to 'Be Patient'!!!  If they were eager to help they would ask questions about the details of what is happening.  I brought up the fact that since they didn't resolve my issue during this swim season that the next swim season it would be out of warranty - crickets!

I actually have had a case open all summer that has never been resolved.  I swim the same # of laps in the same pool yet every swim shows a different distance!  I mow the lawn with a push mower and it automatically records bicycle riding yet when I ride a bicycle it doesn't automatically record that - I have to manually start/pause/stop. I have turned it on when I am swimming and bike riding to have it randomly turn itself off!?!  I am not convinced that it is tracking my heart rate correctly either as my heart rate is different when I wear an Apple watch. Shall I continue?!?!?!?!!!  If that isn't enough to convince you there are issues... 

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

my clock face stopped activating when I raise my arm and I am thankful to have found all these posts, but I’m unclear about where to find the manual vs. auto setting. Swipe right? I don’t have such an option on my Ionic Adidas version. When I swipe left, I get my apps, swipe up and I get Today statistics, swipe down and I see notifications. I can’t find the setting in the Fitbit app on my phone, either. Any help would be appreciated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

A long press of left button and set to auto on Screen Awake screen.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you very much! I appreciate you taking the time to respond. 

Have a a lovely day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This one worked for me! Thank you so much 😊 

Best Answer

Hi everyone. Welcome! It's great to see you around @bzrsharon.

It's great to hear that the instructions found here helped you to fix the difficulties experienced with your Fitbit device. I appreciate all your troubleshooting efforts.Have a nice day!

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer
0 Votes