Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic reboot loop

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just recently my Ionic showed the fitbit logo, at first I thought it was rebooting but when I looked at it later that day it kept rebooting and going back to the logo.

I tried to restart the watch and tried to hold down all three buttons, which it would just start going into a loop, show the logo the go black and then show the logo again.

Next I plugged it in and tried to hold down the three buttons again and it did reboot correctly but once I took it off the charger it started to reboot again. I tried this again and it would never boot up again.

This is getting a little frustrating since this watch is not that old, we have two of them and the other one works just fine. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
16 REPLIES 16

Hello @A.A.Ron thanks for bringing your concern to my attention, it's a pleasure to assist you today/ I'd like to begin giving you a warm welcome to our Community Forums!

Seems odd that your Fitbit Ionic keeps rebooting, certainly this is not a common situation nor the way we designed our device to perform, thanks for your effort and patience troubleshooting it prior posting, I understand how frustrating this matter can be. Since the restart process was already done with no avail, I suggest you to try our factory reset procedure following the next steps:

1. On the device, hold all three buttons for about 10 to 12 seconds. 
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears, quickly release the bottom right button, continuing to hold down the left and top right buttons (releasing the bottom right button as soon as the logo disappears is time sensitive). 
  3. When the device vibrates, release all buttons. 
  4. Wait for approximately 1-2 minutes while the device clears all data. Eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays Fitbit.com/setup.
  5. When the device successfully resets, please use the normal out of the box process of updating the firmware. You can check: How do I update my Fitbit device? for more details. 

Take in consideration that a factory reset deletes any stored data, which includes all data that hasn't synced to your Fitbit account and your applications, alarms, etc. 

I'll be here if you need further assistance. Keep me posted.

Best Answer

I have this exact same behavior, but the Fitbit.com/setup never comes up, seems like it is truly in a restart loop. This happened after I attempted to re-pair the device after Fitbit support couldn't figure out how to resolve my issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @nrawie it's nice to see you again participating here in the Community Forums, sorry for the delay in responding your post.

I appreciate the details that were shared in your post, sorry for the inconvenience you went through with your device, thanks for taking into consideration the steps that were posted above. Let me share with you that our Support team was contacted on your behalf to receive further assistance directly with them, therefore, please keep an eye to your email inbox because they'll be in touch with you soon.

In the meantime they contact you, let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the same issues here and fitbit simply said "it is out of warranty" by 3 months. In fact, there is a big design problem with this device, which fitbit will never ever acknowledge. So, since the support team is useless, just put your ionic in a trash and move to another serious brand. By doing so, you will save some of your time.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I bought an Apple Watch. Honestly I’m kinda mad I didn’t start off with
one. The experience is so much better. Only downside is battery life and
sleep tracking.
--
Nick
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm on my 6th ionic due to this issue. far as i can tell it seems the wireless radio chip goes bad after a few months of use and then the whole watch freaks out. i'm well outside warranty and they're still sending me replacement ones whenever one dies. 

Best Answer

I had the same issue and did a factory reset. It's been 5 days and my Ionic has not rebooted once.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have just tried this factory reset as described and now my ionic displays a red cross with the message data not deleted sync and try again. But it won't syncs or reset 

Best Answer
0 Votes
If it’s less than a year old they will help you out. Mine was a year and 4
months and it’s in a landfill.
--
Nick
Best Answer

I have this same issue where it doesn’t reset from a factory setting at all and just keeps going in a reboot loop with the Fitbit logo on and then going black on the screen . What am I to do 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ya its a bummer. I got my Fitbit Ionic as a early Christmas last month and it has this issue. I got in contact with fitbit and im expecting a replacement some time. I hope to never experience this again or its going to suck. I hope fitbit comes out with a better solution on there watchs like have a secondary connector to put the watch into a computer or mac and have a recovery program or something if they tend to be in the watch business.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I followed all of the above steps. During the setup process on my Android device I was unable to setup the WiFi connection, receiving the error message, "An error occured while trying to obtain the list of configured networks." The error appears in a black bar at the bottom of an otherwise white screen, save for the swirling green circle in the center. It stays visible on the screen for a few moments with a green "Retry" button to the right but even tapping the button produces the no effect. The message bar will disappear but just pops back up a few moments later.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbit offered no help on a $200 watch. No option for repair. I was
incredibly upset with them. Offered to pay them to fix it. Went in the
trash, bought an Apple Watch and never looked back. Loved my Fitbit but
they really screwed the pooch here.--
Nick
Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Beattyj. Thank you for your reply, @nrawie.

@Beattyj Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue with your watch. I appreciate your efforts and the additional details and recommend following our complete troubleshooting tips in this help article: Why can't I set up my Fitbit device? 

@nrawie Thank you for the update, I understand how you are feeling. I am sure our Support team tried their best to help you, each case is reviewed individually and a solution that's being provided is based on the Fitbit Warranty. I appreciate your understanding and hope you could give Fitbit another opportunity in the future.

Hope this helps. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Not a chance. 1 year and 1 month old. A month out of warranty. Fitbit
handcuffed the support staff. Junk product with a high price tag. No repair
options. I’m not making that mistake again. I’m sure you’re a lovely
person, have a great day.--
Nick
Best Answer

Thank you for your feedback, @nrawie.

I respect your decision and wish you the best of luck with your health and wellness goals. 

Have a good day.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes