Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic rebooting in loop after factory reset / hard reset

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

As my Ionic was having problem bluetooth syncing with my Pixel XL, running latest Android Pie, I decided to redo a clean pairing :

- remove Ionic bluetooth association from Android bluetooth menu

- remove ionic device from Fitbit app

-  back to factory settings on my Ionic (it was running the latest firmware update 32.10.20)

After doing this last step,  the ionic rebooted. but is now stuck in boot loop.

I also tried doing a hardware reset in the middle of this boot loop.

After filling the vibration, it is still rebooting in loop.

I noticed the first boot after hardware reset is a bit longer (18-20s) then it reboots. while the following ones are shorter (10-12s)

anything i can do to unbrick my watch ?

thanks in advance for your feedback.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@mangui Thanks for your reply and for trying the troubleshooting steps provided. Also, thanks for sharing the video showing the behavior your Ionic is having.

I went ahead and sent this information to customer support in your behalf. They should get in touch with you. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for next steps.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
19 REPLIES 19

@mangui Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for sharing the experience you have had with Ionic reboot loop. Thanks for trying those troubleshooting steps in order to sort out the issues you were experiencing. 

Are you still experiencing the same? The hardware restart you tried was the one instructed here? If you haven't tried that restart, please do. 

If possible, could you share video of your Ionic showing this?

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer

Hi @SantiR Thanks for your reply.

after loop rebooting for more than an day, my Ionic ran out of battery.

I recharged it but now the symptoms are a bit different,

see video below: https://youtu.be/BDAykNc-QhI

after resetting it as per your instructions, the watch restarts, but now remains stuck on the logo. (it is still stuck 10 minutes after the end of the video capture)

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mangui Thanks for your reply and for trying the troubleshooting steps provided. Also, thanks for sharing the video showing the behavior your Ionic is having.

I went ahead and sent this information to customer support in your behalf. They should get in touch with you. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for next steps.

Best Answer

new watch being shipped

Best Answer

@mangui Thanks for your reply! I'm really glad to read that customer support was able to identify the root cause of this and that are sending a new unit to get you back on track. They are great!

Once you receive the new unit feel free to follow these replacement set up steps for you to not loose any of your previous data.

Hop this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy 

Best Answer

Mine is doing the same thing. will not reset to factory settings, I have done all the trouble shooting that was on here, with no luck. Please help!!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@des49ers Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for reporting that you are also experiencing the same. Thanks for trying all the troubleshooting steps found here.

In this case, could you also share a video showing the behavior your watch is having? This way it will be easier to process this to customer support.

Best Answer

I called customer service yesterday and have shipped mine back for a replacement

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem and Fitbit sent me a New Ionic .

daz 

Best Answer

@des49ers Thanks for your reply and for contacting customer support!

I'm really glad to read that they were able to identify the root cause of this situation and that they are sending you a new unit. Soon, you will be back on track.

Please feel free to follow these replacement set up steps for you to not loose any of your previous data.

@Dazzzzbo I hope you're doing well! I'm really glad that Fitbit sent you a new unit as well! 

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Me too, thanks 

Best Answer

Hi I have the same problem.

Brand new and just unpacked. Have never been able to pair it with the app. Now it keep restarting, displaying the logo and restarting again in a loop.

Problem occured after I have reset the watch since it would not pair with the Fitbit app. Not even 1 hour old and cannot get it to work.

Can you please advise me what to do here? Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the exact same issue. I’ve done everything that has been suggested and I’m so frustrated
right now. I don’t know what else to do, it won’t even factory restart now. Fitbit stuck

Best Answer
0 Votes
I chatted with fitbit online, they tried some stuff with me and when all was said and done, they sent me a replacement one. Give it a try.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I did chat with customer service and because I’m outside of my warranty (I got it 16 mo ago) they will not replace it. They offered 40% off of a new one. I feel like they should replace it because it’s their faulty software that is the problem. 

Best Answer

Data not cleared? What the hell is that?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bummer. I think so too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi thank you for your response.

I gave up, sold the watch as defect and have no plans to get me another Fitbit watch again.

There are so many suppliers on the market and there is no room to make errors in my opinion. 

Best Answer
You're welcome. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes