Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic replacement won't setup

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been trying for 7 hours. First ionic wouldn't setup on laptop, nor on smartphone. Had fitbit tech support on phone for 1 hr. They said product was defective, exchange it. 

Got home with new ionic. Same issue. Now tech support closed. 

It gets stuck at the update like EVERYONE else. I go through ALL the steps. Factory resets, restarting phones, impairing, repairing, different wifis, uninstall and reinstall app. I used a 2nd phone (now failing on 3 devices!). Tried plugging in cord to computer while setup...worse than the cell phones! Tried hotspot internet. 

I used every technique on this website. Every technique pitched by tech support.

This is a massive, chronic problem. Why is this such a huge problem. This is insane. Unless I trouble shoot by 7pm tomorrow, I'm returning it for a samsung. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Qserhys! Sorry to hear about the inconveniences you've been having with Fitbit Ionic. Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot this on your own, nice way to go! 

I was about to create a support case on your behalf, but it seems that you have been in touch with our support team after you posted here. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions. 

If there's any questions present let me know.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer