Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic's battery life decreases

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Suddenly my Ionic's battery life reduced from 4-5 days to 12-18 hours. I've already done factory reset. Cleared android app's cache. But nothing helps. I don't use GPS, don't listen music. All I've got is notifications. What should I do now? Any ideas? I'm not in US, so returning Ionic will be a problem..

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

@AlzhyganShal I think you will need to contact Support (link in my signature) and hope they can sort something out with you. You have done the usual troubleshoots with no result, so that is the next step.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @AlzhyganShal! Thanks for already troubleshooting this inconvenience, nice way to go! Woman Wink

Please make sure to update your Fitbit app to version 2.74.2. This release addresses an issue where some customers experienced increased data use and battery drain on their Android devices. You update the Fitbit app just as you would any other app on your device. If you’re unsure how to update an app:

1. Tap the Play Store app.
  2. Tap or click the menu icon in the top left corner.
  3. Tap My apps & games. If the Fitbit app has an update, you’ll see it in the Updates list.
  4. Tap Update.

If your apps update automatically, check the Recently updated or Up to date list to see if the Fitbit app was updated.

In regards to the tracker itself, keep in mind that the length of time your Fitbit device operates on a full charge depends on how frequently you use it and various settings. 

Consider these tips when you want to conserve battery life:

• Make sure you're charging Ionic fully each time. It can take up to 2 hours to charge your watch. 
  • Turn off All-Day Sync in the Fitbit app because it increases battery drain on both your watch and phone. Note that if you turn off All-Day Sync, certain apps including Weather won't work since data isn't being sent from the Fitbit app to your watch:
    1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon > your device image.
    2. Find the option to turn off All-Day Sync.
  • Turn off the option to wake the screen when you turn your wrist; instead, tap the screen to turn it on:
    • On your watch, swipe right to the shortcuts screen > Screen Wake > Manual.
  • If you don't need heart rate data, change the Heart Rate setting to Off. Note that the green LED continues to flash even if Heart Rate is turned off.
  • Turn off call, text, calendar, and app notifications if you know you're going to receive many hundreds of notifications. A large volume reduces battery life:
    • On your watch, swipe right to the shortcuts screen > Notifications > Off.
  • Charge your watch more often if you play music, exercise with GPS, complete Fitbit Coach workouts, or use the music controls frequently.
  • Don't receive reminders to move every hour. To get fewer reminders, make sure you walk 250 steps each hour, change the number of hours you want your stationary time monitored, or turn off the feature on days you don't need it.
  • If you have many silent alarms set, consider deleting some. Each alarm you add up to the maximum of 8 reduces battery life by a small percentage. 
  • Shut down Ionic when it's not in use. 

Thanks for you advise @NellyG

Give this a go and let us know the outcome! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Same here: my ionic's battery died after six months. Fitbit put me through an exhausting support gauntlet and then refused to do anything about it. So much for the "1 year warranty"!

I hope you have better luck 😕

Best Answer

So the only thing that could make my Ionic work longer was setting manual display turning on. Now it's performing 1.95% per hour, which will lead me to two days...

I've done several factory resets, cleared app storage, I have text message notifications on, don't use GPS, HR always on. All-Day sync turned on, widget turned off. So basically, all of these setting were working flawlessly for three months. Now it's performing for two days with manual display...

Will try to contact support.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Waiting for support to answer. Thanks for your information!

Best Answer
0 Votes

That would be great since my battery doesn't even last for 8hrs, but the update keeps failing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've contacted support, but there was only general advices. Nothing more.

Just wanted to say that my Fitbit's display became dead today. Ionic itself works... it syncs, it measures HR, but display is blank.You can see that backlight is working. I've tried to reboot several times. Charged it. Nothing helps by now. I should stayed with my Pebble 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes