Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic's battery not lasting a day

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My ionic battery has started playing up after obly 5 months . Its bot lasting a day. I charged it to 100 percent this morning and put it on. Within an hour it was down to 50percent. Im really not impressed with this watch

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

I was just thinking today how good my battery life is! I have had mine about 6 months too and tonight it was 4 days and on 20 % when I charged it so would have got 4 1/2 to 5 days. Which doesnt help you. Try restarting it a couple of times. If that doesnt improve it the you will need to contact Support. It should still be under warantee. Link in my signature 

Restart your tracker

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Angel46, hope you're doing great today! Consider these tips when you want to conserve battery life:

• Make sure you're charging Ionic fully each time. It can take up to 2 hours to charge your watch. 
  • Turn off All-Day Sync in the Fitbit app because it increases battery drain on both your watch and phone. Note that if you turn off All-Day Sync, certain apps including Weather won't work since data isn't being sent from the Fitbit app to your watch:
    1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon > your device image.
    2. Find the option to turn off All-Day Sync.
  • Turn off the option to wake the screen when you turn your wrist; instead, tap the screen to turn it on:
    • On your watch, swipe right to the shortcuts screen > Screen Wake > Manual.
  • If you don't need heart rate data, change the Heart Rate setting to Off. Note that the green LED continues to flash even if Heart Rate is turned off.
  • Turn off call, text, calendar, and app notifications if you know you're going to receive many hundreds of notifications. A large volume reduces battery life:
    • On your watch, swipe right to the shortcuts screen > Notifications > Off.
  • Charge your watch more often if you play music, exercise with GPS, complete Fitbit Coach workouts, or use the music controls frequently.
  • Don't receive reminders to move every hour. To get fewer reminders, make sure you walk 250 steps each hour, change the number of hours you want your stationary time monitored, or turn off the feature on days you don't need it.
  • If you have many silent alarms set, consider deleting some. Each alarm you add up to the maximum of 8 reduces battery life by a small percentage. 
  • Shut down Ionic when it's not in use. 

Thanks for you help my friend @NellyG

Give this a go and let us know if you see an improvement with the battery life.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

So basically, all the reasons why we bought this watch we now have to disable in order for it to just run like a regular watch.  What's the point in buying this watch if this is what happens?  My ionic is now only lasting 2 days, and I've had it for 9 months.

Best Answer

Unfortunately, I have had the same issue with this watch and it is very upsetting! I contacted support and because I am out of warranty, they offered me a 25% off discount. No thanks! If I am not even going to get a full 2 years out of this product, why would I continue to purchase it on a discount, just to replace it again! I was told to turn all the features off that basically make it a smart watch...Makes no sense! I was an avid fitbit user until this issue! Mine won't charge above 5% and it gets super hot. I have tried new chargers, plugging it into my laptop etc. nothing works! 

I was at least relieved because I still had my Charge 2....it lasted for a week and now the same exact issue! I don't understand it

Best Answer

Hi! 

I’ve the same issue with my fitbit ionic. The battery only last a day! And now i couldnt turn it on although im charging it. I’ve never encounter this problem with my previous two fitbits(alexa and charge2). This is so frustrating!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve this fitbit ionic since last year in August if not mistaken. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My watch few months past warranty suddenly no longer lasts 24 hours. Help is no help at all.this company no longer cares about the users. 

Best Answer

This company cares not for the users. Out of warranty out of luck.long time loyal no more.

Best Answer