Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic's brightness changed to too low

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

all of a sudden my brightness of my Ionic has become too low.

I tried adjusting from Ionic setting but failing to do so.

please help

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
46 REPLIES 46

@ketankothari It's great to see you on the Community. I appreciate the details mentioned and the time you took to edit your watch's brightness. 

I would like you to restart your Ionic and then change the brightness to the setting that you previously had

If you're still seeing that your brightness is too low, please provide me with a picture of your watch.

Keep me posted! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

93D83D7B-E25D-49A3-AA59-A63F8D69A890.jpeg

Mine will not set either after updating to 68.9.15, the indicators are all grey on mine, and I have restarted several times - my girlfriends seems ok and the dim indicator is blue, the brightness is highlighted and she is on 33.1.30 - I can’t see the screen when outside on mine!  Any suggestions? 

Best Answer

IMG_20191012_112646.jpgtime showing in backgroundtime showing in background

the brightness is normal but fades slowly, other pic - previous screen does not clear - time showing even when I slide screen from right to left

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Vini Welcome to the Community. Thanks for the screenshot shared and the troubleshooting performed. It's pretty weird that after updating the firmware version you're not able to change the brightness. In this case, I have created a case on your behalf with our Support team, please check your inbox, they will continue assisting you. 

@ketankothari Thanks for the screenshot shared. I've shared your post with our Support team and they've mentioned you already have a case with them, please continue the communication through email. 

I'll be around if you have any additional question! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issue with the Brightness being set to Dim and it’s grayed out so I can’t change it. I also am unable to change Screen Wake setting. It is now set to Manual (Button) and I cannot change it. I have never even set it to this but after the last firmware update, this is how it is. I also can’t seem to get notifications of calls and texts. 

Best Answer

Mine started doing the same thing about 2 days ago.  Today it will not even turn on.  Can’t even do a reset.  Not happy at all.  Useless brick.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has to be a Firmware issue! It worked fine, then I did the update, and it quit working properly immediately after...  I did get an e-mail from support asking about my warranty - but this Ionic is off of the warranty period... 

Best Answer

I also don’t have a Notifications option in my Settings any longer and I’m getting absolutely NO notifications from my phone to my watch. Is Fitbit doing anything about these issues???

Best Answer

@Goldennika Welcome to the Community. Thanks for the details mentioned. I would like you to confirm you've restarted your Ionic and try the troubleshooting in this article for notifications not working.

@Jeffr2378 Hey there. I've shared your post with our Support team and they've mentioned you already have a case with them.Please continue the communication through email. 

@Vini Thanks for sharing your experience. 

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I have gone through all of those steps previously and I just did it again now.  My app is up to date as well.  I also re-paired my device with my phone.  Nothing has changed.  

Best Answer

@Goldennika Thanks for getting back. I truly appreciate the time you've taken to troubleshoot this with me. In this case, I've shared your post with our Support team and they will continue assisting you. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same happened to me today. I was walking my dog, it was sunny, and the auto mode worked perfectly before, however I noticed that the screen brightness was not adjusting like before, tried changing it during the day without luck.

Best Answer

Good luck getting this issue fixed. I tried all the troubleshooting suggestions and nothing has helped. So in exchange for updating my Fitbit with the latest firmware when I was prompted to, I now have an unresponsive watch and an offer from Fitbit for 25% off another device. My watch was in perfect condition and less than 2 years old before this and now it’s useless to me. 

Best Answer

@Randall_Araya A warm welcome to the Community. Thanks for the details mentioned.

Sorry for the delayed reply. If you have the latest firmware version, you will have these options for brightness: normal, max and dim. Your brightness won't change during the day automatically unless you manually do it. 

Thanks for sharing your feedback @Goldennika

Let me know how it goes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Ionic is having the same problem.  The brightness setting is greyed out and I am unable to change the setting from dim

Best Answer

@NersS Welcome to the Community. Thanks for the details mentioned. In this case, I would like you to restart your Ionic and check if brightness show up. 

Keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem brightness set to Dull with "Brightness" under "Settings" being very dull and I am not able to change the setting from Dim. Some other functions under "Settings" are also very dull and cannot be adjusted. For example "Sleep Mode", "Do Not Disturb","Screen Wake". Others like "Screen Timeout", "Vibrations", "Left Button", "Bluetooth", "Heart Rate" & "About" are brighter and can be adjusted.

I have restarted twice with no improvement,

This is a new Iconic that was sent to replace failed Iconic (thankyou very much) that I first setup about 10 hours ago. It updated firmware during the setup process.

Problem was resolved with a full fatort reset and re connection to my phone. Now all the headings under "Settings" are brighter and can be adjusted by the user

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

@TonyAus Welcome to the Community. Thanks for the details mentioned and the troubleshooting tried. 

I'm glad to hear that your Ionic started working after you performed a factory reset. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also had this problem....I had inadvertently selected sleep mode on the quick menu (slide down).

Turn it off and these settings re-appear!

Best Answer