Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic's brightness changed to too low

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

all of a sudden my brightness of my Ionic has become too low.

I tried adjusting from Ionic setting but failing to do so.

please help

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
46 REPLIES 46

And there it is!!!!

Selected sleep mode exactly replicates the symptoms I had and deselecting selecting sleep mode resoles the symptoms completely.

Very good to know the cause .... thank you!!!!

Best Answer

The issue appears to be tied with sleep mode.  The top option.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue and after trying various things I figured out that Sleep Mode was on. You cannot turn off Sleep mode from the Settings menu. However, if you swipe down you'll get the Notifications view and on the right side of that is the Quick Settings icon. If you press on that you'll see the half-moon icon for Sleep Mode. Press the icon to turn it off. After that you'll be able to change the brightness via the Settings menu again. 

Maybe the Settings menu is supposed to allow you to turn on/off Sleep Mode but on my watch it does not. 

Best Answer

This fixed it, Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Go to setting  and turn off sleep mode.

The brightness then goes back to auto!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I shutdown and restarted as recommended. Dim is grayed out also. Unable to choose another setting. Just got this on Father’s Day. This sucks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Drkinard A warm welcome to the Community.

Thanks for the troubleshooting tried prior to posting. I see where you're coming from. 

I would like you to confirm that you've turned off 'Sleep Mode' setting on your Ionic. This could be the reason why the display is set to dim. 

- Go to your Ionic's settings 

- Search Sleep Mode 

- Turn it off 

Let me know the outcome. I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This happened to my Ionic yesterday too; exactly as you describe it with the brightness function and screen wake function greyed out hence I'm unable to toggle between the usual options (dim/bright & auto/manual). How did you resolve the issue?

Thanks! I had sudden issues with the brightness functions and screen wake functions being greyed out & unalterable yesterday and it appears I had done the same as you and somehow inadvertantly changed my watch to sleep mode on the quick setting (didn't even know this existed until I scrolled through this thread looking for a resolution!) You've been a great help.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JJ67 Thanks for getting back. I'm glad to hear you were able to change the Ionic brightness after turning off the Sleep Mode. 

Feel free to post back if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Ionic updated last night. Now the display is so dim that I cannot see it while working out. I also tried to adjust it, but I cannot. 

HELP!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ruchi A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

I appreciate that you tried adjusting the display settings. I would like you to make sure you're doing this procedure to adjust the settings: 

- Tap the Ionic quick settings icon 

- Tap on Sleep Mode > confirm it isn't turn on 

Also you could check the Ionic settings app > swipe up to see the full list of settings and tap on brightness to change it. 

If you're unable to adjust it, let me know if the settings are grayed out. 

Let me know how the troubleshooting goes. Looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Ruchi,

My Hindi name is Ruchika! (Given to me by my Hindi professor at
UW-Madison.)

When I can figure out how to get to the settings screen (not easy for me)
the brightness option is greyed/not responding. It says, "dim"

Thanks for any help you can provide. The current situation is unacceptable.

Ruchika (Rebecca Garson)
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also unable to fix my brightness. I have tried to restart, shut down & checked for updates and it did not help. Can you help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sarahbethenator Welcome to the Fitbit Community.

@Ruchi Thanks for getting back. 

I appreciate the troubleshooting tried prior to posting. In this case, I would like you to confirm that you've double checked that the Sleep Mode setting isn't turned on, this could be the reason why the brightness can't be changed. 

Keep in mind that this setting won't be turned off unless you manually turn it off. 

download (16).png

Let me know how the troubleshooting goes. I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
So I tried to do that but it was grey so I couldn't change it. I ended up
doing a factory reset from the watches screen. But now the watch will not
turn on at all.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sarahbethenator Thank you for getting back. In this case, I've shared your post with our Support team and someone will contact you as soon as possible. Keep in mind that due to recent events affecting our operations we may take a bit longer to get back to you. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. I am technologically challenged! I am going to search for
instructions to turn off the sleep mode.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ruchi Thank you for getting back. In order to turn sleep mode off, please follow these instructions: 

- Go to the Ionic quick settings icon 

- Tap on Sleep Mode > turn it off 

Let me know how the troubleshooting goes. Looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have tried. It is greyed out and doesn't work.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ruchi Thank you for confirming that you've tried turning off the Sleep Mode setting. 

In this case, I've shared your post with our Support team and someone will reply to you as soon as possible. Keep in mind that due to recent events affecting our operations we may take a bit longer to get back to you. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes