Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic says unlock with your phone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit iconic kept saying unlock with your phone. I tried everything from changing the pin in the app (kept failing) removing wallet, resetting the watch, logging in and out of the app and finally i delated the device from the app.. I am now trying to reconnect it but I can’t see the new pin code to sync it as the unlock from phone error keeps popping up... HELP

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Does the app find the Ionic?

The ionic needs to be paired to your account to be able to unlock the ionic through the phone.

Normally I would have said to first remove the lock through the web.

The only option you might have is to do a factory reset.

On the watch, hold all three buttons for about twelve seconds. This triggers the 2-button hardware reboot after about eight seconds.
- When the Fitbit logo appears, then disappears, release the bottom right button, then continue holding the left and top right buttons until you feel a strong vibration. This indicates the factory reset was initiated.
- This process may take several seconds, and eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays go to Fitbit.com/setup.
- If you fail to release the bottom right button in time, or otherwise don't follow the procedure precisely, the Fitbit logo reappears quickly and boots without factory reset.

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Community @Lg89! Thanks for the troubleshooting that you've tried. This issue usually happens when an incorrect PIN code has entered 10 times, you're prompted to unlock your Fitbit device in the Fitbit app. 

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account icon 
     your device image. 
  2. Tap Device Lock.
  3. Find the option to reset your PIN code. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SilviaFitbit I agree that that is the steps that should have been done.

However since the tracker has been removed from their Fitbit account, this option is not available.

Best Answer

Thanks so much looked everywhere could not get a good answer till you.

So thanks

Best Answer

Thank you very much, it worked for me, timing of releasing buttons is key to do factory rest, now i can see the number on my fitbit to pair with phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @prospersagar. Thank you for letting us know that by following the steps, you were able to see the number on your Fitbit to pair with phone. 

I'm glad to hear that you got back on track.

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer

Great advice,  it worked perfectly!  Your directions were very clear and included ALL the steps!  Thanks! 😀

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @rosietaco. I'm glad to hear that the provided advise worked perfectly.

I want to inform you that currently this specific device is under recall. For more information about our voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches, please visit our webpage at help.fitbit.com/ionic I am going to close this thread to keep the Community organized.

Have a nice day.

Best Answer
0 Votes