Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic screen glitch

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Ionic's display is glitching out. You can see there are little lines going down the display, it's turning different colors, and to add on to that there are green lines in the background and sometimes it just looks like it's melting all in to a bunch of lines. 

Can anyone help me?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @SunilP77. I'm sorry to hear that your Ionic is showing vertical lines and thank you for adding your pictures and mentioning the troubleshooting steps you have followed. 

Currently there is a Voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches and won't be more updatesFor more information, please visit our web page at help.fitbit.com/ionic.

I wanted to let you know that I'm going to close this thread to keep the community organized and prevent any confusion. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
171 REPLIES 171

Try a restart. Do it at least 3 times.

Restart
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186/?q=restart&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

If that doesn't help Contact Support.
http://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Restart 3 times? Why 3 times? I say bologna. Once maybe. Once a week at most should be sufficient if developers have done their job properly on software and app developers have done theirs. Constant resetting/booting/wiping is a bunch of bs on a $300 smartwatch. If you've recently installed new apps, try removing and see if that helps. I'd also venture to say that if you narrow it down to not being an app and a simple reset doesn't fix the problem, there's a problem with your ionic. 

Best Answer

@gordon334 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for reporting the situation experienced with your Ionic's screen. 

To add to the great post by @WendyB, after performing the restart process; if you keep experiencing the same you could try changing the clock face you are using to another one. Try downloading it and check if that helps resolving this.

@thunderwagn It's great to see you in the Fitbit Community! Thanks for the feedback. Are you also experiencing this?

If you are, please try the workaround above! Also, thanks for sharing your suggestions to sort this out. 

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

I've tried all this and I still have vertical lines, this device isn't even four months old.

Best Answer

@fumbling81 It's great to see you in the Fitbit Community! Thanks for trying the restart steps and changing the clock face in order to sort this out.

Could you please share a couple of pictures of your Ionic's screen? Two pictures of your Ionic showing the vertical lines with two different clock faces. This would be very helpful to continue helping to get you back on track.

Best Answer

Here are two pictures. I've tried resetting dozen of times and did a factory reset with no help. Changed the clock face several times with no help. This all happened after the OS update, which from comments on this community I've seen have caused many problems for other users. Which is why I'm so frustrated when I talked to support and they tell me there is nothing they can do for me, because I'm out of warranty. I bought this device in January it's barley four months old and it was barley three months old when this started happening. Any help you could give me would be great. 1.jpg2.jpg 

Best Answer

@fumbling81 Thanks for your reply and thanks for sharing the pictures showing those lines on Ionic's display.

Also, thanks for contacting customer support. Your warranty lasts one year (US) after the date you pair your Ionic to your account. You must be still under warranty if it is only 4 months old. 

I went ahead and created a case with customer support in your behalf. I have clarified all of this data and send the pictures towards them so they can properly assist you with this matter. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for next steps.

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer

Thank you for being the only person to actually help me with this problem. As I can see from this thread and other threads, it only started happening after the OS update. Which is when it started happening to me.

Best Answer

@fumbling81 Thanks for your reply. You are more than welcome. Yes, I've seen a couple of topics about this too. I'm trying to help as many users as I can regarding this matter.

Please do let me know how it goes with customer support this time. Hopefully, you'll be back on track very soon. 

In the meanwhile, please take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

Best Answer

I just wanted to say thank you for everything you do. They are sending me a replacement Ionic. I'm not sure it would have happened without you getting in touch with customer service on my behalf. I'd like to let your boss know how well you took care of me. So please let me know who I can contact to give you the proper praise you deserve.

Best Answer

@fumbling81 Thanks for your reply! I'm very glad to hear that you are getting a replacement Ionic! I'm glad you will be back on track really soon.

Once you receive the new unit, please follow these replacement set up steps for you to not loose any of your previous information.

Thanks you very much for your kind words. I'm very happy to see that I was able to help you out with this. 

If you would like to share your kudos with a larger audience, please go to Fitbit's Twitter and Facebook pages. Share your nice kudos there so everyone will know (including my boss Smiley Wink).

Thanks again! Let me know if you ever need more help with Ionic or Fitbit in general.

Best Answer

Hi there, I'm also having the same issues with my Fitbit Ionic screen. I've tried restarting the watch but doesn't work. Can you advise?

Best Answer

@tescapade Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with Ionic's screen. Also, thanks for performing the restart process.

Have you also tried changing its clock face to see if the same persists?

Also, please share a picture of the Ionic's screen showing those "lines" on the screen. That way I can help you further.

Best Answer

Hi @SantiR, I've changed my clock face as well but doesn't seem to work. It looks very pixeled now.

You can see the video here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/e9cyke91k292ys3/IMG_8098.MOV?dl=0 

and here's the photo:IMG_8092.JPG

Best Answer

@tescapade Thanks for your reply and for providing the picture and the video.

I went ahead and created a case for you with customer support. I send them this information for them to know exactly what is going on with this. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for next steps.

Best Answer

Hello I've had my Ionic about 3 weeks and in the last 2 weeks I have noticed the glitchy screen with lines or missing background but it only happens when I take it off at night.  I normally wear the watch all day and then at bedtime it goes on my nightstand and I put it back on before work.  It has glitchy lines but normally after a few times of the screen going on or on it goes away - not a reboot.  I don't understand why not wearing it at night is causing this.  Any ideas on what the cause is - I never have the lines while wearing it.  This is disappointing for such an expensive watch.  Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello I've had my Ionic about 3 weeks and in the last 2 weeks I have noticed the glitchy screen with lines or missing background but it only happens when I take it off at night.  I normally wear the watch all day and then at bedtime it goes on my nightstand and I put it back on before work.  It has glitchy lines but normally after a few times of the screen going on or on it goes away - not a reboot.  I don't understand why not wearing it at night is causing this.  Any ideas on what the cause is - I never have the lines while wearing it.  This is disappointing for such an expensive watch.  Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DD4IPA @craftbdd Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with Ionic's display.

It is very strange for sure that this is only happening at night while it's off your wrist. If you don't mind, could you tell me the reason why you don't wear it to sleep? You can track your sleep automatically with this device.

So, I'd recommend performing a restart on your Ionic. This usually helps sorting display issues! If this doesn't work, try changing the clock face you are using. This could also work!

Try this out and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Hello, my Ionic has been working perfectly, and then this morning it started clutching with lines through the screen.  I tried the e time restart and that actually seems to have depleted the screen of its coloring.  I even tried to change the clock display and the quality of the screen did not change.  This watch was a Christmas present, so I should definitely be co ered under the warranty, but just don't know how to proceed.  I am going to try and add pictures in a follow up post.  Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes