Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic screen glitch

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Ionic's display is glitching out. You can see there are little lines going down the display, it's turning different colors, and to add on to that there are green lines in the background and sometimes it just looks like it's melting all in to a bunch of lines. 

Can anyone help me?

Best Answer
0 Votes
171 REPLIES 171

1.jpg2.jpg

my screen is changing colors and glitches all the time and has lines going through it and wont let me get to the setting to restart it

Best Answer
0 Votes

3.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried the shut down method it got worst every time and harder to get to the shut down

Best Answer
0 Votes

@scooter62 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with Ionic's screen. Also, thanks for trying the steps to sort this out and sharing the pictures.

I went ahead and contacted customer support in your behalf. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for next steps.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine started doing this this evening. Highly frustrating. First all the white turned yellow. Then, there were red lines vertically across the entire display. I restarted it and then the lines turned green and everything else was blue. Restarted it again and lines went away but now everything is still blue.

988799F6-D2BF-42CD-8772-9E0AD30C5E23.jpeg

C71CC4BC-B923-4493-A2D1-D6339F632933.jpeg

41EEFC88-22FD-4C87-97E9-A0205F7998FA.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes
call fitbit they will replace it mine went completely black after two days of having red lines
Best Answer
0 Votes

@BamitsJKam Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with Ionic's screen. Thanks for sharing the pictures with me.

I went ahead and created a case with customer support in your behalf. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for next steps.

@scooter62 Thanks for your help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue, were they able to correct this issue.  @SantiR @tescapade

Best Answer
0 Votes
They are replacing it

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah I received an email today from customer service directing me to do a factory reset but now my screen is black and won’t show anything really. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

Just created a ticket (#25942795) related to the same issue. Pic is attached to the ticket. Screen is just dead and unresponsive. Any hints on how to get a replacement (I bought the Ionic 4 months ago)?

Best Answer
0 Votes
call the support line they did it for me , sent me a return slip via email and I sent it back last week still waiting on the replacement
Best Answer

If you put a ticket in, they will reach out to you and have you try a couple things and if that does work, it didn’t for me, I responded to their email with pictures. My replacement is now in the mail and should be here within the week. 

Best Answer

@Blanchard4th Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for reporting that you are also experiencing the same with your Ionic's display.

You will need to contact customer support to have this sorted just as @scooter62 recommended. If you haven't already, please attach a picture on your reply of the Ionic's showing the glitched screen and I will send it over to them for you.

@BamitsJKam Thanks for your reply and for sharing your experience with customer support on this thread. I'm glad you are getting a replacement unit. Feel free to follow these replacement set up steps once you receive it for you to not loose any of your previous data.

@laurent_chollat It's great to see you in the Fitbit forums! Thanks for contacting customer support regarding this matter. I'd recommend following up with them and providing all the information they could request. That way they can determine the best solution available for you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have the same issue. Im from the Philippines.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Ionic is misbehaving from this morning. Below are the traits 

1) Time changed by itself and fails to sync

2) when tried to sync to phone display went off itself

3) Put to charge and screen display was wearied with  Haring percentage at the top of main display and a green line beneath. Have image captured it fails to upload will try uploading again

4) performed reset and paired to phone again, every time try to sync the Ionic gets rebooted

Please helppppppp

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sunnyyhere @effinglex Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for reporting that you are also experiencing the same situation with your Ionic's screen.

Please perform a restart on your Ionic. If that doesn't work, try changing the clock face to another one and check if that would work.

If non of that works, please share a picture of your Ionic's display as a reply on this thread. That way I can send the information to customer support in your behalf.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue with me. I had the screen flicker last night and now screen is black with no response to restart.

Got my email with A work ticket number. No idea how long this will take. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I shipped mine back 7-17-18, they shipped it out to me on 8-10-18 and isn't do here until 8-18-18 the turn around is very slow which is disappointing seeing that we all pay good money for their product ( 8 days to go from Indianapolis Indiana to southern California it must be coming by horse back)
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Johnmerop Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for reporting that you are also experiencing an issue with your Ionic's display. Thanks for contacting customer support regarding this.

Please keep the contact with them, they should be able to get all the necessary information from you to get you back on track with the best solution available. Hopefully, it will not take long.

@scooter62 I hope you're doing well! Thanks for sharing your experience on this thread. It's unfortunate to read it took a long time. Thanks for sharing your feedback. Once you receive the new unit, feel free to follow these replacement set up steps for you to not loose any of your previous data.

Best Answer
0 Votes