Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic screen just stopped turning on automatically.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi. I wondered if anyone else has this problem. When you turn your wrist the watch face should appear and this has just stopped working you have to press a button. I bought one of the first models whilst on holiday in Australia. I like the product immensely and it it really helping me focus on a fitnes and weight loss program but am unhappy that it seems to have failed to work correctly after such a short time. I hope someone from Fitbit can explain the problem and how to correct it? Many Thanks.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@GarethB, did the Screen Wake on the Ionic accidentally get set to manual. This happened to me one time when I was checking the battery level - it only takes a very light tap on the screen to toggle that setting.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Yes. This morning mine has stopped detecting the motion to give me the time of day. Confidence waning.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@GarethB, did the Screen Wake on the Ionic accidentally get set to manual. This happened to me one time when I was checking the battery level - it only takes a very light tap on the screen to toggle that setting.

Best Answer

That was the answer for me. No idea why that's not in settings instead of the battery status window. In fact I don't really see the purpose of that window. Thank you, though!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Larry. Operator error!!!Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad you have it working, @GarethB!  Keep on Stepping! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

A solution was posted to set the Screen wake from manual to auto.

Not sure how to do this?

Thanks for your help..

Best Answer
0 Votes