Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic screen went black when I tried to do firmware update and now it won't turn on.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was trying to update the firmware and it wouldn't work, so I factory reset my fitbit and it came on and when through the app on my phone to set it back up. When I tried to do the firmware update, I started it and left the fitbit connected to the charger. Came back a few minutes later and my fitbit is off and won't turn back on. I even left it charging several hours and it still won't turn on. When connected to the charger, the screen doesn't come on either. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

I tried to start it up by holding down the buttons for 10+ seconds, but nothing has worked

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having exactly the same problem. My Ionic stopped syncing about 48 hours ago, and I’ve tried everything to sort it. Reset, delete it from the app, delete and reinstall the app, turn Bluetooth off and on, tried syncing it to my Mac but nothing has worked. I tried factory reset and thought I had sorted it when it began downloading. Then it just stopped at 72% because my phone had lost contact with the ionic. The screen has gone black and nothing I do will make it turn back on. I literally use the info my watch collects all day every day and log my daily water and calories. So I’m gutted that it has for some reason just stopped working!!! Last resort it to ring customer support as I have already emailed them and heard nothing back 🙄 

Best Answer
0 Votes
My ionic has done the same!
Best Answer
0 Votes

You will have to let us know how they respond to your email.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was asked to clean the charging points and try again still didn’t work took it to get it tested at my place of purchase to see if it was the lead but they said they couldn’t check it however I did get a brand new one given as it was still on warrantee it’s a two year warrantee wasn’t expecting  it to be sorted so quickly but that was well worth it 

Best Answer
0 Votes