Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic screen went black

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Fitbit Ionic. My screen just went black randomly. I tried to do a factory reset and nothing happens. I tried all 3 buttons and also tried all 3 buttons and releasing one after so many seconds. I also tried the left and upper right button. It will not do anything. I thought maybe the screen was bad but when the battery is dead and I plug up the charger I get the 0% battery icon. I am not sure what else to do at this movement. I feel naked without my fitbit. I wear it all the time. 

Is there another way to reset the Ionic? without holding the buttons cause I tried almost every combination I can think of.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

@Nitemere Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for the troubleshooting performed prior to posting. 

I appreciate that you shared how you feel about this. Since the screen went black and the battery icon is showing 0% of battery, let's leaving it on the charger for at least 3 hours. If you notice that it's not charging, follow this troubleshooting.

The correct way to perform a restart is to press and hold the button for 10 seconds until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen, and then release the button. 

Hope this helps. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks.

I followed the charging troubleshooting and no luck. I also Hold the button for 10 seconds or longer and I don't even get the fitbit logo.

If I leave the fit bit on the charger I believe it charges but the screen stays black. It only comes on when the watch powers off due to dead battery and only show the 0% battery icon. After a while when it charges the icon disappears. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem.  The fact that the 0% shows tells me the screen must be work so it has to be something.

Best Answer

Any other suggestions that might fix this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have the same issue. Turned black and no way to get it started again.

Best Answer

Chatted with support.  Additional step was to change clock face.  After that the only thing they did was provide a discount towards a new fitbit.  Have to reconsider a product that lasts less than 3 years.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Nitemere Thank you for getting back. 

The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected. 

@Dansfit Hi there. Thank you for sharing that you've been in contact with Support, take into consideration that each case is reviewed individually and our team provides options based in the Fitbit Warranty

@Renrunner Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for the details mentioned. May I know if you've tried restarting your Ionic

Hope this helps. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes