Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic screen won't turn on

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Reset my screen using left and bottom buttons as my data wasn’t showing. Screen came back on but mo change. Tried another reset and now my screen won’t come on at all. Still syncing with my iPhone but screen completely off

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @SaturdaySteve! Thanks for taking the time to restart your Ionic, nice way to go! 

Can you please confirm if you've followed these steps to properly restart your Ionic?

1. Press and hold the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the buttons.
  3. If your Fitbit Ionic doesn't work normally, use the instructions in How do I turn off my Fitbit device? to turn your watch off and on again.

While reading your post I was wondering if by any chance you stopped wearing your tracker for a while? If so, what I guess here is that probably your tracker ran out of battery. Have you tried charging it at least 1 hour? Even if you don't get anything on the screen I'd recommend charging your tracker at least 1 hour to see if the battery icon comes up after that period of time. Charging fully takes about one to two hours.

If after the 1-2 hours you don't get anything on the display, check if the contacts on your tracker or charging cable are not dirty. Dust and debris can accumulate over time and prevent a charge. Try cleaning them by following these instructions.

How do you charge your buddy? Have you checked if by any chance the USB port or outlet is faulty? If you haven't done so, try a different port. A UL-certified wall charger will also work. Don't use a USB hub.

If so, plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or a UL-certified USB wall charger. 

Hold the other end of the charging cable near the port on the back of the watch until attaches magnetically.

Give this a shot and let us know the outcome! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
124 REPLIES 124

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @SaturdaySteve! Thanks for taking the time to restart your Ionic, nice way to go! 

Can you please confirm if you've followed these steps to properly restart your Ionic?

1. Press and hold the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the buttons.
  3. If your Fitbit Ionic doesn't work normally, use the instructions in How do I turn off my Fitbit device? to turn your watch off and on again.

While reading your post I was wondering if by any chance you stopped wearing your tracker for a while? If so, what I guess here is that probably your tracker ran out of battery. Have you tried charging it at least 1 hour? Even if you don't get anything on the screen I'd recommend charging your tracker at least 1 hour to see if the battery icon comes up after that period of time. Charging fully takes about one to two hours.

If after the 1-2 hours you don't get anything on the display, check if the contacts on your tracker or charging cable are not dirty. Dust and debris can accumulate over time and prevent a charge. Try cleaning them by following these instructions.

How do you charge your buddy? Have you checked if by any chance the USB port or outlet is faulty? If you haven't done so, try a different port. A UL-certified wall charger will also work. Don't use a USB hub.

If so, plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or a UL-certified USB wall charger. 

Hold the other end of the charging cable near the port on the back of the watch until attaches magnetically.

Give this a shot and let us know the outcome! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Really frustrating that I have tried all options suggested to get my Ionic to switch on and it will not...

Best Answer

Same here bud, I've had my Fitbit for a little bit over a year and never had any big issues. Until the same thing happened to me today... It blows 

Best Answer

Mine just did the same thing last night!!!! Won’t turn back on 

Best Answer

At this point they're all just self-destructing or something software related because mine was working mechanically perfect before it just decided not to  turn on anymore

Best Answer
I think you are correct. Mine was working great, battery life was still good, and poof stopped working.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Sad thing that Fitbit refered me to the warranty....despite it just being 45 days outside 1 year....

Best Answer

Mine did just the exact same thing today. I noticed it wasn't vibrating yesterday when I was getting text messages and noticed it wasn't syncing. I deleted it off my Fitbit app, forgot it on Bluetooth, even uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Rebooted my watch and nothing. Then I did a factory reset. It finally connected my phone. And finally said I could update it. It got halfway thru the update, the app said it couldn't complete it and to try over WiFi, same thing happened. I cancelled the update and my Ionic shut off. I assume it's dead. It was fully charged. Contact points are clean. I followed every troubleshooting steps on this site. Held all combinations of buttons down for up to 2 minutes just to be sure. Several times. It's insane that we pay 300 bucks for this and all customer support will do is tell you to send it in and replace it. Which is only ok as long as you have every scrap of original packaging. Very poor service. My Ionic is only 3 months old. This shouldn't be happening. 

Best Answer

Me two after 1 year passed it automatically off and cannot turn it on again

Best Answer

Sounds all too familiar....wonder if Fitbit customer care actually takes note and does something...instead of giving the usual feedback that it is out of warranty.

Why has Fitbit not had a recall of the ionic to sort it out ?

Best Answer

Same here.  Went to bed with a 89% and now will not turn on at all.  Tried to reset and nothing.  Just at 14 months old.... huge disappointment right now.

Best Answer

Same. Screen started acting weird. Then touchscreen stopped worked. Did a factory reset. Now it's not turning on! 250$ for 1 year and 2 months. I hope they will solve the issues. Bummed. No more Fitbit if not

Best Answer

Did it ever come back on?

Best Answer
No...
Best Answer

Did you or anyone else manage to fix the issue?

Best Answer
No
Best Answer
No just got a 25 dollars refunded and 40% off another Ionic still debating
on it. I feel little slighted by Fitbit. I love the community but I can't
just be pissing off $300 every year to replace another watch.
Best Answer
My thoughts exactly! I'm going to keep bugging them some
Best Answer

Yeah I had to return mine. But it's ridiculous I have to go 2-3 weeks without my watch. Their customer service is funny to me. If it's not fixed after you try to reset it, they just tell you to send it in.  

Best Answer