Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic sensors stopped working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

On sunday I went to the pool. After that my Ionic started acting strangely. It stopped monitoring my heart rate, then started, then stopped again. I saw some water condensed under bottom sensors which worried me a little. I took it off, and let it dry for a day. Note that I used it on a pool before and had no problems with it.

It seems that sensors stopped working at all on Tuesday.

It does not measure:

• HR; green light is flashing but HR is not updating. On Monday the green light did not go off after taking the watch off my hand, on Thursday it started going off as normal,
  • stairs climbed - barometer off?
  • steps walked - accelerometer off? It also does not turn the screen on when I move my hand to check the time as it used to.

Right now it seems that it only measures time. WiFi and Bluetooth are functional.

Here's what I did up to now:

• Let it dry
  • Made sure HR functions is on in settings
  • Restarted the watch
  • Did a factory reset

What are my options? Is there a chance it will work again? I doubt so. It seems that it turned to an expensive paper weight. And I do not think it will be good at it too...

Best Answer
36 REPLIES 36

I have the same problem, I had Fitbit surge that stoped working then I bought Fitbit blaze that stoped working and no replacement given or service bcos it was out of warranty,

now I have ionic and it shipped working only time can be seen 

no heart rate 

no steps 

no auto screen on 

no sleep tracking 

only shows time like a digital watch 

And there is no proper customer service In India 

better to switch to other options 

U lost a good customer 😡😡

Best Answer

@Hitesharma9090 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thank you for getting in touch about this. 

I appreciate the detailed information shared, I see where your disappointment is coming from. 

Since your Ionic isn't tracking or showing any data, please restart it if you're still not seeing anything else other than the clock then perform a factory reset which will delete all the data and settings stored on your Fitbit Ionic. 

Let me know how the troubleshooting goes. Looking forward to hearing back from you! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done factory reset to but problem never resolved , Fitbit should work on their update , they make new update and old Fitbit stop working 

I never expect such a big brand to do such cheep things with their customer 

give us some solution to make our watch functional 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately, I had similar problems.

In Brazil we do not have a customer support, so my 300 USD Ionic is useless since April 2019.

I have tried everything, updates, factory resets etc. I would love to get my useless Fitbit Ionic back working.

However, I would love more if I could return in time, don't buying the expensive and problematic Fitbit Ionic device. Now I trust more any cheap device from China. Considering the Ionic serious defective cases, Fitbit should not be trusted by anyone anymore, unless it makes a worldwide recall for all devices.

Best Answer

@Hitesharma9090 @Rcast Hi there. Thank you so much for sharing the troubleshooting you've performed. 

I totally understand your disappointment with this. In this case, I've shared your post with our Support team and someone will contact you as soon as possible. Keep in mind that due to recent events affecting our operations we may take a bit longer to get back to you. 

Fitbit doesn't have any support centers where you could take your Fitbit and repair it. However, we have different channels of communication that you could use and we'll be more than happy to help you. 

Have a good week. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Ionic has the exact problem.

All sensors stopped working.

I have tried factory reset, it didn't help.

Has anyone figured out the solution?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I have the same problem with my ionic. I did the troubleshooting, restarting, factory reset, but still no luck. 

After going to swim it stop recording steps, heart rate (the green light is not coming on), steps. I let it dry for 1 day, the screen was not responsive, I re started the watch and it kept restarting, then i charged it and it was working but all the sensors stopped working. 

I will appreciate  your assistance to sort out this issue. 

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@GuangYang @RiosR Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

I appreciate the troubleshooting performed prior to posting. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

Have a nice day. 

Best Answer
Hello dear friend. Since the Fitbit managers don't like the honesty of
their customers, I will try to explain it to you. You can update,
re-install the app, factory reset, and still, the sensor problem won't get
solved. It is a pain in the brain all the possible solutions that in the
end don't work. I thought that the only solution was that I could send the
watch to the manufacturer FITBIT so they could fix the problem, but they
don't do that. They can't fix their own equipment, so all you can do is buy
a new watch. Its very interesting, that this happened with 2 Fitbit's after
about 13 months of use, the Fitbit charge 2 was the first one that failed,
so I try with a "bigger one" and went for the Ionic thinking that was a
one time thing, but the same happened to the Ionic, and again there was no
solution. So don't suffer anymore and forget about trying to fix it.
Best Answer

Same for me. Recently my battery started draining really fast. When I recharged nothing gets tracked, no heart rate, steps, sleep, etc. screen also stays dim. Ive tried all of the troubleshooting steps including factory reset. They haven’t worked. Yesterday I was prompted for a recalibration. When I do that it fails and says “Calibration error make sure the sensors weren’t covered.”

Can support help me somehow?

thanks!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jiovan Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for the troubleshooting performed prior to posting. 

I appreciate the details mentioned. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected. 

Have a nice day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am facing the same problem I am deeply sad.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I Fitbit Ionic suddenly stopped working this morning it’s not register in heart rate steps or anything else I tried all the usual restarting etc 

and nothing worked when I went to get some help the only thing I could find was to contact them via Twitter or Facebook I don’t think this is acceptable for a US company to only have help in the US and then everyone else is struggling in other countries I still have had no help whatsoever. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Suddenly all sensors of my 2018 IONIC are dead: 0 steps, -- heartrate

The green light still is flashing.

I see no vapor behind the sensor glasses.

I did factory reset. Still not working.

Any suggestions? Or simply dump the watch?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Hobos@RS2003 Welcome to the Fitbit Community. 

@SunsetRunner Hi there. 

Thank you for the details mentioned and the troubleshooting performed prior to posting. I see where your disappointment is coming from. Since a restart has been performed, get in touch with our Support team, they'll be happy to continue assisting you. 

Your feedback is appreciated, be sure that Fitbit has many different channels of communication, you can get in touch with our Support team through chat, calls, Social Media or the Fitbit Community. 

See you around. 

Best Answer
I just wanted to let you know that it’s now working and I believe that it was a server problem in the US. I have been with Fitbit at least 12 years and I have found it very difficult to get any satisfaction from anyone every time a problem happens.
So once this stops working I’m definitely going to invest in an Apple.
Thanks for your response by the way.

Regards
Tracy Newbury
Best Answer
0 Votes
No dwar it is not flashing green , not counting at all , I do not use it in
water or excessive use...so It is not fair to pay that amount for 2years of
use....
Best Answer
0 Votes