Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic showing Strava runs as grey squares

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi. My Strava is suddenly stopped showing my runs and my ionic shows them as grey squares with the loading circle. I've disconnected and reconnected the apps, restarted my phone and completed the trouble shooting steps on Strava app faq and fitbit app. I've had to add 2 ru s and a walk manually today

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
32 REPLIES 32

I'm having the same problem with my strava not syncing for several activities today. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank goodness its not just me, driving me nuts today, so frustrating. I now can't see my splits or run details in the fitbit app either which makes me think it's fitbit to Strava rather than a strava issue 🤔

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am glad it isn't just mine. I have contacted strava as Fitbit said it was there end. Strava are adamant it is Fitbit's end.

Again tried all of the connecting and reconnecting to try and get the activities onto strava.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having same problem today. Trying to reconnect Fitbit in Strava app and it just keeps disconnecting. Think that’s got to be a Strava issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im having the same issue. My run is being logged on the Fitbit app but not transferring over to strava. I've uninstalled both apps, unsynced many times. Its driving me crazy

Best Answer

Same here

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me to had to up load it manually in the end! 
I have been try all day 

Best Answer

So frustrating! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Further to earlier post. Strava responded saying Fitbit push the data to Strava and therefore it’s a Fitbit issue. Was advised to connect again at fitbit.strava.com and that seems to have worked as it’s not disconnecting now. It won’t sync today’s activity but I’ve added it manually and fingers crossed it will be ok for tomorrow’s run.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've reconnected a few times earlier in the day and still nothing, will try again tomorrow then

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone! Thanks for the detailed information shared. 

I appreciate the troubleshooting tried prior to posting. Since your runs aren't transferring to Strava, please ensure that you've tried this procedure to revoke access to Strava and then link your accounts once again. 

Also, please double check for Strava app updates on your Fitbit app. If you have it updated, you may want to uninstall and reinstalled it again. 

Once you've done the procedure posted above, please try again and check if your runs sync between the accounts. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you! I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hi Silvia,

I tried this earlier by revoking and reconnecting. As someone else mentioned when reconnecting mine struggled for a bit but then reconnected. 

I went for a ride later and it wouldn't sync. 

Any other help would be appreciated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent from Julie Goodsell on my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. Tried revoking the Strava app, connected again and resynched then went for a long walk while I tracked on the fitbit but still nothing, also the run and walks today in the fitbit app are just showing as grey squares with a loading circle. 

Best Answer

Hi, just a quick check, in the Strava app, profile, settings and then, Applications, Services and Devices, does your Fitbit show in the list? Mine kept disappearing until I followed the instructions in the above link. Won’t be able to check it’s syncing again until tomorrow.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried those steps again and now Strava won't connect to the Fitbit from the Strava website. Very frustrating. 

Best Answer
Sent from Julie Goodsell on my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Silva, Did all the steps you showed in your message and restarted everything, even checked in the Strava Web dashboard that my device is synced then ran but still nothing. Now you have 6 people reporting this issue will it be looked into? 

Best Answer

I have spoken to customer services again on line and they say it isn't fitbits end. Hopefully they will now look into it. 

Best Answer