Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic shows 0% battery

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I did the firmware update last week and today I noticed my ionic stopped syncing with my phone 2 days ago and my battery went from 42% to 0% in a matter of an hour.  Now it’s been charging for 5 hours and all I get is the battery icon with 0%, wont take a charge and won’t restart/reset.  Is this the end of my ionic???

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Atkinsound, welcome to the Community Forums! 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for the details that were shared. If you haven't already done so, to resolve this issue I'd recommend you to check our help article: Why isn't my battery charging on my Fitbit device? and let me know how it goes. 

Let me know if you have any additional questions, I'll be here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I was able to get my Fitbit Ionic to charge again and it is working, however now, since the last firmware update, my GPS will not stay tracking during my runs.  It cycles through tracking and “searching” and when my exercise is complete it has only tracked about 70 of my activity.  And the route it has tracked has a very jagged line on the map instead of the usual straight even lines I have always had for years.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I should clarify that when I said its tracking 70% of the activity, I’m talking about the GPS setting only.  It is still tracking steps, heart rate etc.  But the distance is obviously off due to the gps not working 100% of the time.  The last few days for example, a consistent 4K route I have been running for the last 3 years has been showing as between 3.2k and 3.7k

Best Answer
0 Votes