Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic - some problems

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, just got my Ionic yesterday and I noticed a few things:

1) It does not detect sleep properly (I will try to wear it more tight tonight to see if that would help)

2) For some reason, it counts that I climber floors? I have not. Not sure why this is showing? Anyone had problems with that?

3) It seems like my activity minutes show more than they really are? Also, I noticed that when I would smoke a cigarette, it would count it as active minutes? Any ideas?

Thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

1) It does not detect sleep properly (I will try to wear it more tight tonight to see if that would help)

I've noticed this as well, have worn the tracker to sleep four nights now and no sleep has been detected. What's your resting heart rate? I think maybe Fitbit assumes some arbitrary heart rate above which one couldn't possibly be sleeping...

2) For some reason, it counts that I climber floors? I have not. Not sure why this is showing? Anyone had problems with that?

Yes. It's been a long outstanding issue on all of their trackers that measure floors climbed.

3) It seems like my activity minutes show more than they really are? Also, I noticed that when I would smoke a cigarette, it would count it as active minutes? Any ideas?

When you smoke your heart rate increases. Fitbit ASSumes that the only cause of an increased heart rate is being active, and therefore reports active minutes.

Best Answer

A gust of wind can register a floor count. I forget the reason why. But if it’s a windy day and open/closing a door to the outside can cause that. 

Best Answer

@Bunnybear_05 wrote:

A gust of wind can register a floor count. I forget the reason why.

The reason is because it uses a altimeter to measure barometric pressure to calculate the change in altitude - a 10' change in altitude is considered one floor. When a severe storm front approaches it can register a lot of floors.

Best Answer

Thanks everyone for the response! I will keep monitoring the watch and see if there are any other problems.

Aside from that, I really like the Ionic and got used to it pretty quickly. The BPM meter seems pretty accurate and it performs very well during intense exercise (competitive soccer). 

The apps are pretty cool so are the notifications. So far so good! 

Best Answer
0 Votes