Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic stock on logo after factory reset

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been a fan of Fitbit for a couple of years now. I love the company and the trackers are amazing products for people with active lifestyles like myself. In fact, I bought a Blaze for my wife and gave another one to my son. I have always bought the units new, however recently I have purchased second hand Ionic and that's when my nightmare started. The watch was working fine for a day after which I tried to do a factory reset. The reset (update) was almost completed when the watch started to reboot itself endlessly showing the Fitbit logo and blank screen alternately. I have read through every post on this site regarding and I have tried the updates through my desktop as well as my IPad and the firmware update always ends with the endless logo loop. I don't know if the unit has any warranty left, but last two days had been a nightmare (I have not been able to track any of my workouts) and I would really appreciate some advice on how to fix it.  I am able to reset the unit (holding the buttons) but every installation ends with the unit resetting itself. Please help!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

A warm welcome to the Community @Peter1969! I appreciate the details that you've mentioned as well for the time that you took to post your inquiry and making a research in the Community. 

Fitbit appreciates your loyalty for being a Fitbit customer. We're always improving our service and trackers/watches so you can reach your fitness goal with Fitbit's help. Robot Happy

In this case, I've shared your case with our Support team. They will continue assisting you on this matter as it's pretty weird that your Ionic is stuck on the logo. 

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need further assistance. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks so much! I will wait to hear from the customer serivce and I hope they can help me in get the unit up and running.

Best Answer

I believe my ionic is having this same issue; not sure how I can set this thread as watching on my profile to get updates, which is why I'm leaving this comment so that I might be notified whenever a solution presents itself.  Is this likely related to the known issue with ionic banner I've seen on the main page?

Best Answer

Hi there.  My Ionic is out of warranty and Fitbit was courteous enough to offer a discount on a new one but even at a lower price I am wary of buying one. I firmly believe that Fitbit should have a recall of these units.  There are countless posts describing trackers with the same problem. I have never had this issue with the Blaze.  I have done the three button reset and tried to reinstall the OS numerous times.  The setup goes through but the Ionic never boots to new OS.  Absolute nightmare.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community @Ben_Bretzin! Once you participate on a thread, you're automatically subscribed to that thread and you will receive updates about anyone that participates on it. If you would like to subscribe yourself to any thread, you can check this post to learn more about it. 

Please try to restart your Ionic and check if you get the normal display. Also, I'm not sure which banner you're referring to, if you can provide me with a screenshot or more details about it, so I can give you more details. 

Thanks for sharing the resolution that you got from our Support team @Ben_Bretzin

Hope this helps. I'll be around if you have any other question. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes