Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic stopped illuminating when I turn my wrist

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My watch face has recently stopped illuminating when I raise it to my face.

Where is the setting please?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

It is probably in Sleep mode.

Possibly pull down on the watch face [as if to see messages] and click on the two white bars and grey the sleep icon [moon].

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You probably have 'Screen Wake' accidentally turned off.  If that is not it, you accidentally could be in Sleep Mode. You can access these both in 'Settings', or more quickly in 'Quick Settings' but I'm not sure where you access Quick Settings on Ionic.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Guy all sorted, I'll remember that now. Cheers

Best Answer
0 Votes

Many thanks Johnny, all done and dusted👍

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue with my ionic. The screen will not illuminate when I move my wrist and it is no longer counting my steps. I’ve tried uninstalling the app and restarting my Fitbit watch with no help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Baw2-  is it possible the battery is just flat?

There are known Fitbit App issues recently which causes the battery to go flat very quickly.

Try plugging the charger into a computer and then attach your watch and see if the computer recognises the watch being connected. At least you will know its properly attached and may be charging.

Did anything happen before the display shows nothing, firmware update, Fitbit App update, clock face change , factory reset instead of restart?

With it on the charger for at least an hour see if you can sync, or when it last synced.

If the battery if flat it won't be syncing, so it won't show any steps counted in the App, and as the screen is blank, not on the watch either.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes