Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic stopped synching. I unpaired. Removed from android fitbit app and now cannot get to re setup.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ionic stopped synching. I unpaired. Removed from android fitbit app and now cannot get to re setup. I see a lot of issues online.

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Mine is doing the same thing. And this is not the first time it has happened. It is very frustrating! With my old ChargeHR I never had sync issues. 

It's like the Bluetooth stops working in the Fitbit. I have my phone set to stay unlocked as long as my Fitbit is nearby and I've had to constantly unlock my phone manually for the past 2 days.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is very strange.  Hopefully a moderator will come along and help.

Best Answer

I am having the same issue, have followed all steps to help sync but still no luck. Occasionally get a pop up that says "Bluetooth Issue..." My Ionic ran out of battery and needs to sync so it can show the correct time, which makes it a pretty useless watch at the moment.

Best Answer

Mine started doing the same.  Fitbit were polite but didn't offer any real solutions.  Took it back to the retailer and they swapped it for a new one.  We'll see how the new one works out as many people complaining about the same issue

Galaxy S5, Surge, Ionic
Best Answer

Same problem here. And it has GPS built in, but somehow can't keep time? Cmon...

Got myself an expensive paperweight now...

Best Answer

Sharing my message from another post:

This issue started happening with me as well after the latest update for the app.  I noticed a change when my morning syn went from 5 seconds, to almost a minute.  Long story short, to resolve this issue I went into the app, clicked the add device link, and went through the steps of setting up the device as if it were the first time.  

The app will recognize that you already have an Ionic setup and will as you if you want to replace it with the new device you're setting up.  Click yes, follow the same steps as when you first setup the device and once complete, the device should be synced.

I've tried syncing several time since I did this and it seems to be working as normal; ie recognizing the device, syncing within 5 seconds again.

Best Answer
0 Votes