Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic stopped syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My ionic stopped syncing for no apparent reason tried all suggestions and now to top it all it won't pair to Bluetooth either 

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

@SamBone A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thank you for getting in touch about this. 

I appreciate the troubleshooting tried prior to posting. I'd like you to confirm you've tried this syncing troubleshooting. If your Ionic isn't syncing after this, please let me know the phone model and OS installed. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Tried everything suggested again and now I  can't pair my fitbit to app either my phone is

Samsung galaxy s7 edge

Os 8.0.0 app and watch were working fine until a couple of days ago when I got premium 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SamBone Thank you for providing your phone details. I've shared your post with our Support team and they mentioned you already have a case with them, please continue the communication through email, they'll be happy to assist. 

Have a great weekend. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Turned ionic completely off and restarted. That worked, but it lost the nice clock face I was using.

Best regards,
William R. Smith
Best Answer

I turned my ionic completely off and restarted it.  That worked, but I lost the nice clock face I was using,  No harm done, but when it lost syncing ability in the past (every couple of weeks, usually on a weekend). It started working on its own a couple of days later.

Best Answer

It's shut down completely now and won't turn on fitbit are replacing it for me but thanks for the response 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mathtrek Welcome to the Fitbit Community.

Thank you for letting me know that when you turned your Ionic completely off, it started working. Please follow this procedure to change the clock face. 

@SamBone Thank you for sharing that our Support team is replacing your Fitbit Ionic. 

Have a great week. 

Best Answer

I just recently found this forum in my search to find out why my Ionic has begun to sync sporadically.  I have had the Ionic for a couple of months and basically had not problem until as recently as the last two weeks. I have it synced to my Samsung S10 and I regularly have to uninstall and reinstall the app to get the Ionic to sync.  It will work for a couple of minutes and then go hours without syncing.  The purpose of getting the Ionic is to track my movement and via my phone.  In addition to uninstalling and reinstalling the app, I’ve attempted to add new device so force it to pick up my Bluetooth connection.  It works and then goes back to not syncing.  Very frustrating.

Best Answer

I regularly have to uninstall and reinstall the app to get the Ionic to sync.

Have you used the search function at the top of the thread? All and everything related to syncing issues has been discussed hundreds of times in the archived threads. Nothing new to add unfortunately. Syncing issues have been thrashed out previously.

To summarise - Go into Apps & notifications, find Fitbit and hit FORCE STOP. Back out and open the Fitbit app again. Attempt a sync either by swiping down, or hit your icon in the top left of the screen, and under Devices hit Ionic and Sync now.

You may have to attempt a sync several times before it works OR you may have to FORCE STOP the app again and repeat the above another couple of times.

Perseverance usually wins out, although a few have no luck. This could be due to compatibility issues of a hardware issue on their phone or in the Fitbit. 

No luck, then other than keep trying, you really only have the warranty route by contacting support if your device is still within warranty. 

If the above doesn't work after repeated tries, you could unpair from your phone and from the app and setup again.

Final option would be to unpair and remove from the app - THEN reset the Ionic and setup from scratch again. BUT, you will loose any recent un-synced data (since your last successful sync) when you setup again.

Best Answer

It was completely kapput fitbit are now replacing it but thanks for the advice 

Best Answer
0 Votes