Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic stopped working after swim

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After going swimming my screen went blank and my ionic started vibrating continuously until the battery ran out. I have tried to reset but with no luck. The green light is not working on the back and if I plug it in to charge it just starts to vibrate again. Have had in rice to try and dry out but still no luck. The watch is 10 months old. 

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @AliMac9. Thanks for letting us know that your Ionic stopped working after swimming, that you had in rice and tried to dry with no luck.

Fitbit Ionic is water-resistant to 50 meters. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer

I have experienced the same issue last couple days. I’ve contacted the support team via live chat  and I have told that that I will be receiving an email to discuss this. My watch is outside the warranty so I’m not sure what will happen next. This is a manufactory issue which should be resolved even outside the warranty. Please can anyone help  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Once the seal fails and water gets inside, the only way I solved this issue is dry out the device and replace the screen, not sure if Fitbit will replace out of warranty? 

Fitbit Ionic 72.1.15 (recalled) and Fitbit Sense 128.6.17
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us @Mehdivive and @Jdsenter

@Mehdivive, please check your email and the information our team sent you. Thank you for your advise @Jdsenter

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer
0 Votes