Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic stopped working after swimming

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I can guarantee I will NEVER buy another Fitbit. I know this is not of great concern to Fitbit as a large company as I am just another unsatisfied customer...it's another classic case of the big dogs lining pockets at the expense of the consumer buying a product that does not meet expectations or stand up to what is promised.

I got my first Fitbit ionic on Jan 5/18. Read into the warranty and said it only has a one year after purchase. I'm fine with that if it's mater of abuse or total neglect. I've paid $367.49 for this watch and I have never even had it in the shower with me for this whole time even if it says you can I didn't want to chance it. Over the holidays i have forgotten my watch on and went into the pool with it.  About 10 minute of being in the pool I noticed and took it off right away. That's the last time my watch worked. I went on line to trouble shoot and it clearly says on the website that you can swim with it on without causing problems being it's supposed to track your heart and whatever else it's supposed to track wet or dry. I have called to talk to someone about my problem and she said that Fitbit would discount a new Fitbit by 20%. I think that it is wrong that I am being forced to buy a new Fitbit due to it not standing up to the waterproof feature/specs that is promised for the product. If you only get a couple of years of use with this watch what is the point for spending that much money on a product.

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@RobUnhappy Welcome to the Community. I appreciate the time you took to share your experience with our Support team. 

Sorry to hear that you experienced issues with your watch after you swam with it. Each case is reviewed individually and the option provided is based in the Fitbit Warranty, if you have any questions about the option you were given, please reply back to the case you already have. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Blah, blah, blah. That's what I thought your reply would be. Turns out I'm not the only one that got the same problem according to the reviews on the same watch. I gave you the benefit of the doubt to see what your reply would be. Again almost a $400 watch that doesn't make 2 years. This is a pathetic product. You were no help to me at all.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer