Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic stopped working and my warranty has expired

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Good afternoon, and after being with Fitbit for a number of years, I am sad to say they have failed me. My Ionic died after 15 months, and they are offering me a discount on a lesser product. I don't want an upgrade, but at least I should be able to get the same model for the discount. And just outside the warranty period, and I have to pay for a lesser model. It is an insult, and I wonder how many others have experienced this same issue. I contacted Support and got the same reply. My daughter's Fitbit died, but it was within the warranty period. Do others experience their Fitbits dying just outside the warranty? Anyone have the SAME Fitbit for over 2 years. And I wasn't even offered the ability to buy an extended warranty when I purchased last July. Utter disappointment!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @rgdavis, welcome to the Community Forums. We're sorry to hear that your Ionic stopped working 3 months after your warranty has expired. We understand where your concern is coming from.. We understand where your concern is coming from.

Thanks for your question about why we offered a discount towards a new Fitbit product instead of a replacement of your existing Fitbit product. Our limited warranty provides repair or replacement of products that have a defect while still in the warranty period. Your device is out of the warranty period, and therefore is not eligible for repair or replacement, but we want to offer you a discount to thank you for your loyalty to Fitbit.

Keep in mind that every case is completely different from the other's, thanks for taking the time to share your experiences and feedback. For more information about the outcome of your case, please get in touch with our team again or you can check our warranty policies (fitbit.com/legal/returns-and-warranty) for a better understanding of the information that was provided to you. 

Regarding your inquiry, I also have a similar experience than @WendyB. My Fitbit devices has lasted more than 5 years, I still wear my Fitbit One. Please note that our products are indeed designed and made to last (this goes for each product component) however, there is not an infallible way to ensure that no issues will be present in the long run. Because of this, our Warranty Policy is set into providing as much coverage as we can.

Have a nice day!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

All my Fitbits have lasted 3 and more years and still going strong.

I charge mine on the computer

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Hi there @rgdavis, welcome to the Community Forums. We're sorry to hear that your Ionic stopped working 3 months after your warranty has expired. We understand where your concern is coming from.. We understand where your concern is coming from.

Thanks for your question about why we offered a discount towards a new Fitbit product instead of a replacement of your existing Fitbit product. Our limited warranty provides repair or replacement of products that have a defect while still in the warranty period. Your device is out of the warranty period, and therefore is not eligible for repair or replacement, but we want to offer you a discount to thank you for your loyalty to Fitbit.

Keep in mind that every case is completely different from the other's, thanks for taking the time to share your experiences and feedback. For more information about the outcome of your case, please get in touch with our team again or you can check our warranty policies (fitbit.com/legal/returns-and-warranty) for a better understanding of the information that was provided to you. 

Regarding your inquiry, I also have a similar experience than @WendyB. My Fitbit devices has lasted more than 5 years, I still wear my Fitbit One. Please note that our products are indeed designed and made to last (this goes for each product component) however, there is not an infallible way to ensure that no issues will be present in the long run. Because of this, our Warranty Policy is set into providing as much coverage as we can.

Have a nice day!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer