Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic stopped working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Ionic (9 months old) stopped working last night.  I’ve had it on charge all night. I have tried to reset numerous times.  The most I’ve got out of the screen is a half second flicker of blue and nothing else.  Phone won’t connect to it at all. I had a similar problem with a Blaze last year which kept turning off with a temperature sign. This was replaced by Fitbit eventually - the good customer service was the thing that kept me with Fitbit. Either I’m really unlucky or there is a longevity issue with these products.  Can anyone else suggest a different reset option before I trudge back to the shop receipt in hand.  Thanks. 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @Rsblack That sounds really frustrating. Have you tried a factory reset using the buttons. If not, give it a try. Please come back if it doesnt help.

FACTORY RESET USING BUTTONS
On the watch, hold all three buttons for about twelve seconds. This triggers the 2-button hardware reboot after about eight seconds.
- When the Fitbit logo appears, then disappears, release the bottom right button, then continue holding the left and top right buttons until you feel a strong vibration. This indicates the factory reset was initiated.
- This process may take several seconds, and eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays go to Fitbit.com/setup.
- If you fail to release the bottom right button in time, or otherwise don't follow the procedure precisely, the Fitbit logo reappears quickly and boots without factory reset.

If the device turns on, please go back to the Fitbit app and setup your device back to your account with these steps. Make sure your watch is plugged into a wall plug or a computer, next to the router and that there are no other trackers or devices with Bluetooth on nearby when setting up.  Please log into your account, go to account on the upper right corner, there look for "setup a device" and tap on it. Follow the instructions on the screen and let the watch charge for 2 hours.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hi. Thanks for the contact. I hadn’t tried the 3 button process as described but have done this several times now. Nothing though, not even the flicker. 

Im presuming given the response you’re from Fitbit. It’s is frustrating I really like your products - has a Charge HR, a Blaze and now this. The Charge was great but these two are making me a little wary now, which is a real shame. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Rsblack  . Thanks for tryingnthe Factory Reset - sorrynot didnt help. No, I dont work for Fitbit - I volunteer on the forums. But I am  happy Fitbit owner. I will flag your post for a moderators assistance. 

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Rsblack, how are you doing? Many thanks @NellyG for bringing this situation to our attention. 

I appreciate you followed the previous instructions trying to resolve this situation. If you still having difficulties, the Fitbit Support Team can help you. I already reported this issue to them for you so they will be contacting you very soon via email. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions.Cat Happy

GraceG | French and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

On ne voit bien qu’avec le cœur. L’essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. ♥

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue.  I have cleaned the ionic and tried all resets.  I let the device sit on my desk at work and it gets warm so it is doing something internally.  I don't know what to do.

@GraceGFitbit wrote:

Hi @Rsblack, how are you doing? Many thanks @NellyG for bringing this situation to our attention. 

I appreciate you followed the previous instructions trying to resolve this situation. If you still having difficulties, the Fitbit Support Team can help you. I already reported this issue to them for you so they will be contacting you very soon via email. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions.Cat Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you very much for stopping by @winesnob. I'm sorry to hear about this situation with your Ionic. 

Many thanks for trying the troubleshoot restarting your Fitbit and cleaning it. I just confirmed with our Support Team that you have contacted them already, in this case I recommend you to continue the assistance with they. I made them aware of this situation and they'll be contacting you again very soon via email. 

Thank you for your understanding. If you have any further questions, please let me know. 

Have a nice weekend!Cat Happy

GraceG | French and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

On ne voit bien qu’avec le cœur. L’essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. ♥

Best Answer
0 Votes