Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic stuck on Fitbit logo

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I did a factory reset after my ionic after it would not sink with anything unpaired and then couldn't pair it with app it couldn't find etc. Since I did the reset it is stuck on the logo and just flashes tried the reset by holding all three buttons and the feeling the vibrate and still just flashing logo can anybody help with this or have the same issue

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

Try a factory reset using the buttons. You have to do it exactly right for it to work, so read the instructions below carefully. If doesnt fix it you will need to contact Support (link in my signature)

FACTORY RESET USING BUTTONS
On the watch, hold all three buttons for about twelve seconds. This triggers the 2-button hardware reboot after about eight seconds.
- When the Fitbit logo appears, then disappears, release the bottom right button, then continue holding the left and top right buttons until you feel a strong vibration. This indicates the factory reset was initiated.
- This process may take several seconds, and eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays go to Fitbit.com/setup.
- If you fail to release the bottom right button in time, or otherwise don't follow the procedure precisely, the Fitbit logo reappears quickly and boots without factory reset.

If the device turns on, please go back to the Fitbit app and setup your device back to your account with these steps. Make sure your watch is plugged into a wall plug or a computer, next to the router and that there are no other trackers or devices with Bluetooth on nearby when setting up.  Please log into your account, go to account on the upper right corner, there look for "setup a device" and tap on it. Follow the instructions on the screen and let the watch charge for 2 hours.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried everything that was in your email. Had to call customer support and then sent an email to them so they could see what was happening. They sent a new ionic out to me so we shall see how that works when I receive it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried this and after a while the logo starts doing the same thing. Email to technical support sent

Best Answer
0 Votes

The exact same thing happens to mine .  I contacted support who were very good but could not resolve this.   I ended up with a replacement  which I received yesterday.   

Good customer service.    Cheers fb 

Best Answer

mine started doing this as well last night..I tried all  of the suggestions here and nothing worked...contacted customer support as well. They could not resolve, I noticed an update this morning so i started to try resetting again and updating and its still not working....I was hopeful 😞 I am in a bunch of challenges and now im going to lose :)))  I am purchasing another one my warrenty is ofc expired but I have only had it a little over a year...its crazy that something so expensive would just stop working after only a year....I do however use it a ton but still..luckily customer support was so helpful..hopefully i can get more use out of the next one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @sugarwhips88 welcome to our Community Forums!

First, I'd like to appreciate your time and effort troubleshooting this matter prior posting, I totally understand how frustrating this can be for you. I was notified by our Support team that they already provided you with some assistance and a conclusion to your concern, that said, I recommend you to contact them back if you have any additional questions regarding the resolution that was given. Also, you can check our warranty policies for any warranty-related inquiries.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us, keep me posted if you need anything else.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is the same ,i purchased it over a year ,so no replacement sent ,seems to be a common fault and no solution from support ,will not buy another fitbit 

Best Answer

on third fitbit. Still bricked every one. seems they aren't built for everyday athletes. Great interface and nice touch but the tech does not deliver. I swim everyday and surf, every single fitbit has died completely. Its not worth the repeated jumping through hoops to get a replacement from customer services. Gone for a garmin fenix now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am just now seeing that there is a problem over and over  ! I am so upset I am tired of buying devices that are 200 plus for them to die a year later ...I am ohh my ...breathe lol

Best Answer

your support won't help as it is out of warranty, it is a upgrade to the software problem so I think fitbit should replace all ionics that freeze due to the upgrade 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems that we all have the same issue did it ask you to update then go off? Mine did and it seems a bit strange that it’s happened to so many people at once?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone. @Juinrod Welcome to the community forums.

Thank you very much for the information and for any steps you've followed prior to posting. If your Ionic is still showing the Fitbit logo and you've already tried to perform a restart, I'd recommend contacting our Support Team for further assistance. Note that you can contact them through chat or over the phone, but phone wait times have been longer than normal, so I recommend initiating a chat. Click here to get connected. 

See you around. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes