Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic stuck on charging screen when not plugged in

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I just got done with a swim and all of a sudden my Ionic seems to think it is always plugged in. I have tried rebooting, rinsing and drying, plugging it in, syncing but to no avail - any suggestions before I start the return process??

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Aikinurse Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with Ionic's screen not working properly. Also, thanks for trying those troubleshooting steps to sort this out. 

I went ahead and contacted you via PM. Please keep an eye to your Community inbox. 

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

@Aikinurse Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with Ionic's screen not working properly. Also, thanks for trying those troubleshooting steps to sort this out. 

I went ahead and contacted you via PM. Please keep an eye to your Community inbox. 

Best Answer

I am having the same problem

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately, this error preceded my Ionic going completely black and I had to return it for replacement. Not sure why this happened. Tried everything but it was just dead. Still waiting for the replacement. 

Hope you have better luck than me!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mklein3003 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for reporting that you are experiencing the same thing with your Ionic being stuck at the charging display.

I'd recommend performing a restart on your Ionic. This usually helps with any kind of display issues you may experience.

@Aikinurse Thanks for your reply and for trying everything you could in order to sort this out. I'm really glad to hear that customer support was able to identify the root cause of this and that a replacement was issued. You'll be back on track really soon! 

Once you get the replacement unit please follow these replacement set up steps for you to not loose any of your previous information.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Same problem. Is there a way to fix it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@IndyUltra Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for reporting that you are also experiencing the same with your Ionic's screen.

Is your Ionic still syncing? I'd recommend performing a restart on your tracker. That should certainly help you out with this.

Also, can you share a picture of your Ionic stuck in this screen?

Best Answer
Restarting worked. Thanks!
Best Answer

@IndyUltra Thanks for your reply and for trying those steps in order to sort this out.

I'm really glad to read that the restart did the trick for you and that you are back on track now! Smiley Very Happy Hopefully, other users will benefit from this as well.

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

Please let me know if you need some more help in the future. Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Am experiencing the same issue after coming back from the beach. The device thinks it's charging even though it's not plugged in. 

Left button isn't working and doesn't let me go out back to the main screen. Have tried to do a reset by holding the bottom right and left buttons but it doesn't take me back to the Fitbit logo. Instead it goes black and when I try to start it again it takes me back to the 'charging' screen. 

Best Answer
0 Votes