Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic time and sync problems

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my Ionic over a year with no issues.  Last weekend the clock started losing time and now I have problems with connection and syncing. Currently I have to turn off the watch and Bluetooth on my phone and restart both. This then eventually gets the watch and app to sync. I've tried turning off my phone, factory reset the watch, removing app from phone and reinstalling it but nothing has helped. The tracker can lose 20 minutes over night.  From what I've read on fitbit app it sounds like others are having similar problems since update last weekend. I'm now at a point where I'm sick and tired of it being unreliable and having to mess about to get the sync to work. BTW I have all day sync checked. Anyone else in UK having these issues and have you managed to fix it? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

That sounds really annoying. What phone are you using?

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I have the same problem.

I tried to refresh my connection but am stuck because it doesn’t sync with any of my devices. I am guessing that the Bluetooth function is dead.

I am hoping we get proper support for this issue.

Best Answer

It's a Samsung galaxy a3

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having a similar issue. Unbelievably frustrating as mine is a brand new watch. I've spend more than 12 hours this weekend trying to set it up.

Mine fails when the watch is trying to update itself during initial installation. It loses connection to the watch... And the download of the update stops. In the app the watch does show up... But it won't synch. Watch doesn't show up in Bluetooth devices... I'm at my wits end... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ahh i have the exact same issue- at 11pm my watch shows 1045.

I have reset the watch, off/on bluetooth, off/on phone, unpaired/repaired to my account - nothing!!

Very frustrated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's 0026 and mine is showing 0010. I'm 15 minutes late to everything these days..... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issues and have tried multiple times on re syncing and updating my Iphone.  I still have issues with losing time and multiple times not being able to sync because my bluetooth can't find my Ionic.  What did the fitbit customer service due because I had the same issue with my fitbit Versa but I was 1 month past my year warranty.  Any help would be appreciated because I am getting frustrated.

Best Answer
I ended up contacting Fitbit via Twitter with my issues and,  surprisingly,  got a replacement. In the mean time I'd already bought a Samsung watch which is proving to be much betterSent from Samsung Mobile on O2
Best Answer
0 Votes