Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic tracking heart rate and active minutes inaccurately

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit ionic for the last week and been over tracking my active minutes giving me over 500 a day when I typically log around 60-80.  It seems like the heart rate monitor is misreading my heart rate because I will be sitting for 30 minutes and it has me at 140 BPM when I check it myself I really am at 80bpm. I've tried restarting my watch that didn't work. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @DebiMason, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for trying some steps before posting over here. To better assist you with this and further investigate, can you please let me know when was the first time you experienced this issue and how many times since then? Just as mentioned in your post, this could be related to the heart rate sensors accuracy issue that you're experiencing, therefore, please troubleshoot your Ionic heart rate sensors following the steps that are specified on: Why don't I see my heart rate on my Fitbit device? and let me know how it goes.

Looking forward to your reply. Let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have a similar issue. I usually ride my bike around 6:30 at night. Up to that PPOK this I show no exercise minutes which would be accurate. After I exercise all of a sudden I end the day with 55 mins and I know I truly only rode my bike 35 mins. Not understanding how or what gave me these extra 15 plus mins. Happens on the days I ride my bike.
Best Answer
0 Votes