Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic update yesterday, today stopped working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone,

I completed the firmware update for my ionic yesterday. It worked fine for the rest of the day. Today I put it on this morning and this afternoon it suddenly stopped working - it shut off and wont turn back on or charge. Anyone else experience this? I now have a completely non-functional tracker.

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

I don't know that I updated the firmware on my Iconic yesterday, but the rest of your description fits what happened to me this afternoon too.  Totally dead device, nothing works to get it started and it won't charge.

Best Answer

Since the last firmware update I think other users have had this issue. You may need to do a hard reboot - hold the left and bottom right button for around 15 seconds or so. I wish that fitbit would roll back the previous version. The current firmware is making me start to reconsider whether I want to stick with fitbit.

Best Answer

Hi Has anyone found out how to fix this, mine has done the same thing.

Best Answer

Mine has stopped.too

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has done the same! 

Best Answer
Hi Michelle
I contacted fitbit and they resolved the issue, they were very helpful.Best of luck
Best Answer
0 Votes

How did you contact them?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Roxie1963
I went into the app dashboard on my desktop and clicked on help, then on the lets talk tab. Then had an online chat. They were very good.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for letting us know, Fitz4018. So how did they help you? I've been chatting the only thing they have said to me is that my Ionic was already replaced in April 2019 (which is completely false) and so they cannot replace it again. I'm curious about what your answer was. Thank you in advance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

they are replacing. First time ever that this has happened. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi LaGiLa
After a few checks, they stated that they would do a one time replacement, no reason for cause.
Best Answer
0 Votes

thank you.  that is what I did.  very helpful. 

Best Answer
0 Votes